Another of my 1 Night Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Jan 18, 2002
North West
Visit site
Actually want to ask question one. but post in Critic sure kena shoot down into thousand pieces.

Qns: how do I dim down the Monument that is brigthly light up on the right? Cut the power supply?:bsmilie:

Metadata
Make OLYMPUS OPTICAL CO.,LTD
Model C2040Z
Orientation upper left
X resolution 72
Y resolution 72
Software v355p-73
YCbCr positioning co-sited
Exposure time 2 s
F-number 2
Exposure program Shutter priority
ISO speed ratings 100
Component config YCbCr
Exposure bias value 0
Max. aperture value 1.7
Metering mode Pattern
Light source Unknown
Flash No
Focal length 9.2 mm
Colorspace sRGB
Pixel X dimension 1600
Pixel Y dimension 1200

P2030186p.jpg

Kevin, what mode did you use for this take?

Hey nice one Kevin, u took it in potrait view is it? And yeah that pillar really overglows :D

Well I'm not too familar yet but have you maybe try using spot metering? Dunno will it help or not.... :)

Originally posted by Blitz
Hey nice one Kevin, u took it in potrait view is it? And yeah that pillar really overglows :D

Well I'm not too familar yet but have you maybe try using spot metering? Dunno will it help or not.... :)
Yah, Blitz, took it in potrait view

Originally posted by Blitz

But if you spot meter, wouldn't that under expose rest of the image?

Well, I guess the best would be try to avoid the monument. Or take it in the evening when they have not yet to switch on the lights or in the early morning....

2 solutions I can think of

1) take the photo when there isn't so much difference in the lighting.... hence you'll have to take it earlier in the evening.

2) take 2 photos, 2 metered for the monument, the other metered for the whole scene. Later you'll have to join them together in PS. Some people call this technique the digital ND filter.

Thanks guys. Well, Rueyloon, your option 2 sound very the Deep. Will try out when I master Photoshop. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.