Another annoying newb question

Status
Not open for further replies.

travis8798

Jan 24, 2005
Hi, i am, obviously, a new member here at club snap and so far i like what i see, but anyways, on to business.

This is probably the same question that has been asked a thousand times, but if you would be so kind as to reply, I would greatly appreciate your input.

I am not a complete camera newb, but when it comes to buying my OWN digital camera, i am not sure what to get.

I have used several different digital cameras and have the basics down, i have used a 35mm auto focus camera, and i have actually taken a few photos with my dads old 35mm manual focus camera. So, i am not looking for a crappy little camera for point and shoot applications.

I am looking for a new or refurbished digital camera, priced somewhere between $150 and $200. I don't need all the bells and whistles, but i do want a decent camera that i can use for point and shoot stuff, but i also want to be able to have some control and be able to add some creativity to my photos with manual control options.

What are your preferences for memory, i am not exactly sure which to choose from, if it really matters. I really don't want anything less than 4 megapixels. Et cetera, et cetera, i want something that is not crap but not great, i want middle of the road, to above average.

Bottom line, if u didnt read any or all of the above, i want a decent digital camera (new or refurbished, no used) for between $150-200, with some manual control options for photo creativity.

You sound like a Canadian or American, if thats the case USD200 should get u some really good cam like the olympus 2XX 3XX 5XX etc series, fuji 'A' or canon 'A'. That's all I can say.

Status
Not open for further replies.