[ Announcement ] Olympus OM-D E-M5 firmware 1.5

bahamot

Mar 20, 2010
new firmware has just been released:

E-M5 Firmware Update

Ver.1.5
(Oct. 2, 2012)
- Operating sounds in the photo ready mode were decreased.
- Use of the Image stabilizer function by setting the Focal length of an OM lens attached with an adapter was enabled even in Movie mode.
- All updates up to version 1.2 are included.

Bildschirmfoto-2012-10-02-um-08.29.10-1024x555.png

Small update ....

Last edited:
Mine was upgraded to 1.2... very buggy...

Did not see any version 1.3 or 1.4 prior to the latest 1.5..

Hopefully 1.5 will not screw up, like 1.2!

Mine was upgraded to 1.2... very buggy...

Did not see any version 1.3 or 1.4 prior to the latest 1.5..

Hopefully 1.5 will not screw up, like 1.2!

The 1.2 update worked without any issues for me and operation since then is as stable as before. Anyway, this time I will wait a few days in case 1.5 is buggy. Took them pretty long for the 1.2 re-release, it's already October...

Lucky you.
I believe there was fundamentally something amiss with 1.2... Else why would they removed it

The 1.2 update worked without any issues for me and operation since then is as stable as before. Anyway, this time I will wait a few days in case 1.5 is buggy. Took them pretty long for the 1.2 re-release, it's already October...

Looking at all 3 ver release dates, they are the same.. And description seems to imply need to upgrade to 1.3,then 1.4 then finally 1.5?

Lucky you.
I believe there was fundamentally something amiss with 1.2... Else why would they removed it

1.2 was removed because of lens update support ... there was error when updated with certain lens attached (presumably Panasonic lens). That's why they removed it. I supposed this is solved with the 1.5

You said it... Fundamentals..

1.2 was removed because of lens update support ... there was error when updated with certain lens attached (presumably Panasonic lens). That's why they removed it. I supposed this is solved with the 1.5

1.1 will upgrade to 1.3 then upgrade to 1.5 (yes you upgrade twice)
1.2 will upgrade to 1.4 then upgrade to 1.5 ..

Whole process takes about 3 minutes each

richardy said:
1.1 will upgrade to 1.3 then upgrade to 1.5 (yes you upgrade twice)
1.2 will upgrade to 1.4 then upgrade to 1.5 ..

Whole process takes about 3 minutes each

3 mins? Including downloading time?

I just did the update. 1.2 --> 1.4 ... The whole file is about 50mb to download. Once downloaded, update was only 1 minute for me.
1.4 --> 1.5 file size was about 45mb. Also about 1 min after file was downloaded.

No more IBIS humming sound once updated to 1.5. Haven't tested the rest.

just updated mine too, no problem encountered, seems like the humming sound is gone :)

Updated mine a while ago. Sure took blardy long for both. Servers could be loaded.

ageha said:
Image Stabilisation still as good as before?

I doubt one could notice. In fact I don't notice any difference between IBIS and OIS on my Panny 100-300

motionstills said:
just updated mine too, no problem encountered, seems like the humming sound is gone :)

That will be a good thing

Just to inquire, do we need to switch on "half way press IBIS" to enable IBIS? Or switching off will also enable IBIS only when you click the shutter?

Just to inquire, do we need to switch on "half way press IBIS" to enable IBIS? Or switching off will also enable IBIS only when you click the shutter?
What do you think? ;) I think "off" means off...