Last edited:
5099861142_6b18717c5f.jpg

5097134366_7f87d43553.jpg

5099261217_2a9ea31f21.jpg

5096535989_72bb94d748.jpg

5097137348_7027a4f02b.jpg

Last edited:
err OOF? Underexpose?

I don't see anything angelic or devilish about either set of photos - so as a concept it failed, sorry

everything seems to be off here ..........lightings, composition, exposure, focusing. its better snapping away for street shoots.

shoots with static item ............ get ur fundimentals correct first before shooting someone.

Critique your pics first before posting them in future.

Or as DP would have said in the past, you can trash these shots. :thumbsd:

The poses are not natural and does not do justice to the models. Composition is snapshot type and the lighting and colour balance is inconsistent.

And since everyone needs to learn, I would hope that you take this as a good point to think about the shots first before you depress the shutter and improve yourself.

Critique your pics first before posting them in future.

Or as DP would have said in the past, you can trash these shots. :thumbsd:

The poses are not natural and does not do justice to the models. Composition is snapshot type and the lighting and colour balance is inconsistent.

And since everyone needs to learn, I would hope that you take this as a good point to think about the shots first before you depress the shutter and improve yourself.

use the word carefully when you say snapshot or trash these shots, please enlighten some of the composition showing yours being creatively created

i take the colour balance and lighting, the rest please keep to yourself

I don't see anything angelic or devilish about either set of photos - so as a concept it failed, sorry

thanks, sorry about the pics don't really go with topic that much

everything seems to be off here ..........lightings, composition, exposure, focusing. its better snapping away for street shoots.

shoots with static item ............ get ur fundimentals correct first before shooting someone.

thanks for comment, will take it more into consideration

use the word carefully when you say snapshot or trash these shots, please enlighten some of the composition showing yours being creatively created

i take the colour balance and lighting, the rest please keep to yourself

Nonsense. If you can't take critique, don't post your images. He was correct when he described these as "snapshots" because that's what they look like. There is more to good pictures than just getting the technical aspect (whitebalance, focus, etc) right.

zac is a well-known and respected member. You, as an obvious newbie, should learn to accept criticism - it will help you grow in life.

Nonsense. If you can't take critique, don't post your images. He was correct when he described these as "snapshots" because that's what they look like. There is more to good pictures than just getting the technical aspect (whitebalance, focus, etc) right.

zac is a well-known and respected member. You, as an obvious newbie, should learn to accept criticism - it will help you grow in life.

thank you for the comment, appreciate your explaining. But I hope you understand you actually taking the word criticism that much which I don't think being called a snapshot and trash into bin will help out much in improvement.

by the way, still thank you for showing patience in pointing out the technical aspect

thank you for the comment, appreciate your explaining. But I hope you understand you actually taking the word criticism that much which I don't think being called a snapshot and trash into bin will help out much in improvement.

by the way, still thank you for showing patience in pointing out the technical aspect

Neither do posting here without doing some research helps in any improvement.

these shots are generally snapshots.......no wow factor in them........
what do u learn by posting such pictures ? What sorts of improvement are u looking at ?

1) have you did any research on potrait, poses, basic fundamental of shooting
2) have you look through top photographers portfolio.

Seriously you dont learn much if you just post and dont analyse those factors first.

To be honest.....are those pictures pleasant to ur eyes or are u content with the gals instead

Contrary to the other brothers, I think your shots are alright, but take note when choosing the background, the background doesn't work for me.

Actually heres my thought:

Pic#1: The Black thing on the right hand side is very distracting. So crop that part off will be a good one. In addition, its not sharp and its pretty soft.
Pic#2: This shot is alright, but background uurm... prefer you to show the entire door.
Pic#4-5: Cropping not good. Some arms, hands and butt are cut off..
Pic#6: This is ok. Probably sharper?
Pic#7: I think you use direct flash on? No diffuser or anything? The flash on the face is harsh.
Pic#8: The hand is chop off
Pic#9:Elbow is cut out...
Pic#10: Part of toe got chopped off.

Just my 2cents worth of thought.

Thank you

Steven

Have faith in yourself... nobody is born an expert... juz take the comments and shoot more...

BTW I think Kyndi#5 is gd... juz tat her eyes r dull... no catch light... u didn't use flash?

Actually heres my thought:

Pic#1: The Black thing on the right hand side is very distracting. So crop that part off will be a good one. In addition, its not sharp and its pretty soft.
Pic#2: This shot is alright, but background uurm... prefer you to show the entire door.
Pic#4-5: Cropping not good. Some arms, hands and butt are cut off..
Pic#6: This is ok. Probably sharper?
Pic#7: I think you use direct flash on? No diffuser or anything? The flash on the face is harsh.
Pic#8: The hand is chop off
Pic#9:Elbow is cut out...
Pic#10: Part of toe got chopped off.

Just my 2cents worth of thought.

Thank you

Steven

Thanks Steven, Will take note on each photos. Yes, no diffuser on the flash, now should be using one thou, light is harsh.

Have faith in yourself... nobody is born an expert... juz take the comments and shoot more...

BTW I think Kyndi#5 is gd... juz tat her eyes r dull... no catch light... u didn't use flash?

Thanks Keiichi, yes, no flash was used on that, agreed and noted. Appreciate the comments.

Neither do posting here without doing some research helps in any improvement.

these shots are generally snapshots.......no wow factor in them........
what do u learn by posting such pictures ? What sorts of improvement are u looking at ?

1) have you did any research on potrait, poses, basic fundamental of shooting
2) have you look through top photographers portfolio.

Seriously you dont learn much if you just post and dont analyse those factors first.

To be honest.....are those pictures pleasant to ur eyes or are u content with the gals instead

Thank you aaSKaa, yes, agree that not much pleasant but didn't know what I had lack off. I will go and read more on how to guide the model to pose and for myself to take the good angle. That's the first improvement going to take, not forgetting fundamental stuff like lighting and models with messy hair.

Thank you again for your patience going thru my pictures.

I guess this is the nature of our Bros here in CS and that is why you do not see many people posting here for comments. Many have been posting in others forums where you will get really constructive comments and suggestions to improve your shots.

Many bro here do not give you constructive comments and always condemmed you :thumbsd: but overtime, you will get used to it. However, some bro here really give good comments which you can learn from.

Continue to post and just take the comments as it is and review them if they are valid and ignore those that are not.

I guess this is the nature of our Bros here in CS and that is why you do not see many people posting here for comments. Many have been posting in others forums where you will get really constructive comments and suggestions to improve your shots.

Many bro here do not give you constructive comments and always condemmed you :thumbsd: but overtime, you will get used to it. However, some bro here really give good comments which you can learn from.

Continue to post and just take the comments as it is and review them if they are valid and ignore those that are not.

Thank you, Bro. Felt warm with your words. I saw the scenario but I do saw constructive comments sometimes in other post, im waiting for it. Like in Chinese says, throwing the bricks to attract real Jade. Wish more ppl come and post here and start learning from experienced peers.

Thanks for taking the time comment