Angela@Emerald Hill

naraen

Apr 7, 2010
Hi Guys,
This is my first ever attempt on a photoshoot with a model.
I have never been on a photoshoot before and neither have I ever tried portraits at all.
All C&C are welcome so I can improve myself in future shoots.
Please note all photos were taken on a Canon 7D and Nikon FD 50mm F1.4 and PP on Photoshop CS5

Angela0002.JPG

Angela0009.JPG

Angela0014.JPG

Angela0025.JPG

Angela0031.JPG

Angela0042.JPG

Angela0048.JPG

Angela0051.JPG

Angela0062.JPG

Angela0063.JPG

Dear friends
Please C&C on composition and PP so I can improve myself on future shoots.

hi naraen,
IMOH, the colour tone of the pics r abit over processed.. i.e too much green/blue tone in #1 and too much yellow/magenta in the rest..unless tt's the colour tone u r aiming for.. :)
other den tt.. i only find the last pic abit akward wif the model right leg on the table..
anw.. nice set of work wif ur pretty model!

cheers

color tone for me is a bit off, just my taste maybe....

Personally feel that the photo is over-burnt... maybe too saturated?? amateur opinion here....

KageV said:
hi naraen,
IMOH, the colour tone of the pics r abit over processed.. i.e too much green/blue tone in #1 and too much yellow/magenta in the rest..unless tt's the colour tone u r aiming for.. :)
other den tt.. i only find the last pic abit akward wif the model right leg on the table..
anw.. nice set of work wif ur pretty model!

cheers

Hi Kage. Thanks for the advise. Actually I did want those tones for the respective pics. I didn't want to keep it to natural colours and wanted to play abit with cool and warm tones. But am not sure if I over did it. Looks like everybody are commenting on the color tone so I am not sure if I over did it now. Haha

you might want to deal with the CA in #4.

I think 1& 2 are nice. 3 looks slightly too warm and the model's face looks abit..... StrAnge. #4 has some really obvious and bad CA. All those after just looks abit Waay too warm. 1 and 2 looks abit OOF to me. Or perhaps it's just my screen.

And you kni what they say about the eyes being the windows to the soul? Well these shots make the models eyes look like deep black pools into oblivion :p However, the shots are still nice though. Keep it up :)

Last edited:
tecnica said:
you might want to deal with the CA in #4.

What is CA???

naraen said:
What is CA???

Chromatic abberations aka purple fringing. Take a look at where the model's dress meet the background.

Fudgecakes said:
I think 1& 2 are nice. 3 looks slightly too warm and the model's face looks abit..... StrAnge. #4 has some really obvious and bad CA. All those after just looks abit Waay too warm. 1 and 2 looks abit OOF to me. Or perhaps it's just my screen.

And you kni what they say about the eyes being the windows to the soul? Well these shots make the models eyes look like deep black pools into oblivion :p However, the shots are still nice though. Keep it up :)

1 and 2 looks abit OOF??? I Dun get it. Maybe from all the comments I guess I made the pics way too warm to achieve the feel I wanted. Maybe should try reducing it a little bit. Will try that

Fudgecakes said:
Chromatic abberations aka purple fringing. Take a look at where the model's dress meet the background.

Wow. I didn't notice that. Or rather I was ignorant. How do I correct that?

naraen said:
1 and 2 looks abit OOF??? I Dun get it. Maybe from all the comments I guess I made the pics way too warm to achieve the feel I wanted. Maybe should try reducing it a little bit. Will try that

Out of focus haha. Just shoot mre. You will get better :)

naraen said:

Hmmm. Abit of a lengthy process. Easiest way is to just desaturated magenta completely. But it may affect the reds and purples in your image. Search YouTube in removing chromatic abberations. There are videos that will teach u :). Oh and you will need photoshop.

if you switch to Lightroom, you can enable lens correction to auto-correct the CA.

but if LR does not have your lens profile, you can manually correct it by using the eye dropper tool.

it is actually very easy to do.

tecnica said:
if you switch to Lightroom, you can enable lens correction to auto-correct the CA.

but if LR does not have your lens profile, you can manually correct it by using the eye dropper tool.

it is actually very easy to do.

I am working on Photoshop at the moment bros

Thanks for all the C&C and advise bros