ancestor altar

Status
Not open for further replies.

ninelives

Jan 16, 2002
BB
ninelives.clubsnap.org
anyone knows where can I put the altar? any temple? or specific temple? thanks.

Last edited:
Some temples has facilities for keeping ancestor altars. Go and visit one to ask.

I left my ancestor altar in a temple in Kuala Lumpur. We asked a temple and were directed to it. I think the fees for doing so has escalated now.

Last edited:
Buddhist Lodge at Kim Yam road can try although not sure

Long ago people looked for places with excellent feng shui as a future burial site for themselves so that descendants will prosper.
Watched a HK documentary on this. At one particular site on a remote island in HK, a fengshui master under commission to find a suitable burial site for his client, discovered that generations before him another expert had already picked the same spot but kept quiet about it. Maybe there were some engraved stone tablets left by the previous guy.

Last edited:
anyone knows where can I put the altar? any temple? or specific temple? thanks.

I just noticed your location. If you stay in BB, there is Bee Low See temple off Jalan Jurong Kechil, near Pei Hwa Presby Primary.

Last edited:
i am not talking about ashes urn lar...i mean those zu xian pai....dont know how to describe that in english.

like my sir name is Lum. we have those "Pai" to worship our ancestor. i want to put that at somewhere liao. youngster like to where got pray such thing. it passed down from generation..

Nowadays sea burial is getting popular, as people don't want to trouble their descendants any more.
I guess someone will have to make a decision to move on.

maybe you want to consult your Clan association, I think they can understand this.

Hmm..

Manybe "Ancestral Tablet" be a closer description.. I can't remember coming across such facilities for housing the tablets. I have seen something like that is the temple near the Sin Min car work shop and funeral parlour area. I do not know the name in English.

But those tablets are for those who ashes are housed in that temple.

Temples and clan associations usually give preferential niches to supporters, benefactors and registered members If your loved one is not then expect to pay a higher fee in common area Otherwise buy a niche in public colambrium

If it's a tablet why not just keep it at home to be closer to family ?

Last edited:
i am not talking about ashes urn lar...i mean those zu xian pai....dont know how to describe that in english.

like my sir name is Lum. we have those "Pai" to worship our ancestor. i want to put that at somewhere liao. youngster like to where got pray such thing. it passed down from generation..

If you are sure no one from your family clan is ever going to pai pai, then why waste money to place it elsewhere?

I think there is a temple next to BB driving school. You can start inquiring from there. The earlier mentioned BLS temple definitely have those tablet service but unsure if they still have vacancies or as what Ed9119 mentioned.

Last edited:
no need to go pai pai
they will pai pai for you in 1st and 15th
got chanting
got praying
but not cheap hor

bottomline.. dead still need $$ hor :think:

The biggest one at MBS, with two white tombs behind. One of them already taken(flower dome), another one reserved. MBS building like big mountain, surrounded with garden by the bay, and nice park blessed with many big trees and small trees, and many new generations (spot the big baby). Main and key entrances guarded by Bull, tigers, croc, lion, etc.

Last edited:
Shuang Lin Temple in Toa Payoh also offer the service.

I'm sure they have a Leica branch for those who can afford it in 富贵山庄: :)

leica-store-miami-open.jpg

I think you are looking for another option, to "sent" them off. There are such service but I don't know who is providing the service.

Status
Not open for further replies.