An Event 4 Street-Shooters in Taipei

Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to the Democratic Party's "Hands Across Taiwan" protest against mainland China a couple weeks back, which drew 1mil+ supporters and probably a lot of votes for the encumbant president in next weeks elections...

...the Nationalist party (who wants to get back into the presidency) is holding it's own peaceful protest (kinda a "don't upset the mainland, we like the status quo"), a march from the Taipei mayors office (near Warner Village) to the Presidential office.

It starts at 1pm this comming Saturday. I'll be there for sure. If anyone wants to meet up, PM or email me :)

Sorry for the extra long delay, but here are some of my favorite pics of the day. You can find more in my gallery.

The more interesting ones
normal_e55200027s.jpg

Sorry...couldn't help myself...but now don't you feel like voting for the Nationalists?

normal_e55200028s.jpg

normal_e55210020s.jpg

normal_e55240010s.jpg

normal_e55240016s.jpg

normal_e55250024s.jpg

The standard flag-waving ones:
normal_e55230033s.jpg

normal_e55240007s.jpg

normal_e55220037s.jpg

"la4 ma3" in blue :bigeyes: :lol:

normal_e55210013s.jpg

normal_e55250021s.jpg

Last Saturday I went to the KMT protest in front of the presidents office and shot through 5 rolls of Provia and a couple of HP5+. I'll try and post those later on...some really cool ones there. It was actually specifically designed more for the CNN audience, so most of the protest signs were in English, the "Wall of Democracy" had English curses written on it (mostly the "F" word + A-Bien), and forigners were grabbed and asked for good English chanting slogans whenever possible (which led to some really funny shouting).

Hey Brian,

wonderful coverage :thumbsup:.... the outdoor protest and rallies are a sight for savour... the political tension between the green/ blue and the rotten apple pushers.. .. more!!! more!!! :)

OpenLens said:
and forigners were grabbed and asked for good English chanting slogans whenever possible (which led to some really funny shouting).

gee... very interesting!

you gave them any slogans?? :D

OpenLens said:
I helped a group of uni kids change "We at this moment want a recount!" to "Recount now!".

Direct Mandarin to English translations are always funny :bsmilie:

hahahahha..... talk about Taiwanese English :)

reminded me of a thread about a Taiwanese dad commenting on Singaporean's english :sweatsm:

SniperD said:
Hey Brian,

wonderful coverage :thumbsup:.... the outdoor protest and rallies are a sight for savour... the political tension between the green/ blue and the rotten apple pushers.. .. more!!! more!!! :)

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: Thanks

I'll get the slides and CD-R from the more interesting protests of the last week tonight and will try and post the better ones by tomorrow night. Until then, the rest of my election photos this far are HERE

SniperD said:
it's very interesting that Taiwanese take it so personally upon themselves in their involvement with their govt

They are very proud of the fact that they are the first Chinese democracy...I think voter turnout this time was more than 80%. In the States where I'm from turnout in a presidential race barely touches 30% :confused:

Yezrah said:
This is good. Something which we don't get to see everyday, at least not in a Chinese society context. :thumbsup:

The other thread I started today on the KMT election protest contains some even stronger messages. This is the second election I have seen in Taiwan...this is certainly the most emotional I've seen anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.