Not open for further replies.

Trinity83

Jun 24, 2008
West Coast, Clementi
3322949932_9544bcdebc.jpg

3322119203_1d5e1cef61.jpg

3322949428_7d928ccaf1.jpg

3322118141_a93389dc86.jpg

An evening with a very beautiful clara; clad in gothic sense, hope i brought justice to this young lady. Comments and improvements are welcome :)

First one looks washed out,

Second one looks fine,

and i get that you're trying to create a downcast moody feeling, but in pic #3 & 4 it's either underexposed or the darks have been blocked of detail.
You'll do better to meter off her black gown when shooting. Blacks are always tricky especially when u have an elaborate dress with detail you want to retain.

You can try to desaturate the skin tones slightly for gothic.

Expression and pose looks fine, location is okay too :)

Last edited:
nice...abit dark....but seems suit to ur theme...frankly speaking if i pass thru that place and see that gal alone...i sure "cabut" (run!!)

First one looks washed out,

Second one looks fine,

and i get that you're trying to create a downcast moody feeling, but in pic #3 & 4 it's either underexposed or the darks have been blocked of detail.
You'll do better to meter off her black gown when shooting. Blacks are always tricky especially when u have an elaborate dress with detail you want to retain.

You can try to desaturate the skin tones slightly for gothic.

Expression and pose looks fine, location is okay too :)

mmm.. i'll attempt on a re-edition of her picture again

nice...abit dark....but seems suit to ur theme...frankly speaking if i pass thru that place and see that gal alone...i sure "cabut" (run!!)

haha!!

Good choice on location for the theme..
However pics can be better processed !
Framing wise is ok for me.. =)

Not bad for cosplay. Be careful thought with the environment. Gothic is a northern european genre. Large broad leaves, as seen in the first picture, is a bit out of place.

Btw, where is the location?

The first shot looks okay for me, just that the leaves on the left are kinda distracting. Looking slightly less washed out would be better too :)

Good choice on location for the theme..
However pics can be better processed !
Framing wise is ok for me.. =)

thanks, i'll work on my post processing once more.

Not bad for cosplay. Be careful thought with the environment. Gothic is a northern european genre. Large broad leaves, as seen in the first picture, is a bit out of place.

Btw, where is the location?

i'll take note of these finer details for future shots, just glad i didnt ruin the cosplayer :sweat: the location is set at fort canning park.

The first shot looks okay for me, just that the leaves on the left are kinda distracting. Looking slightly less washed out would be better too :)

haha, its those leaves again :sweat:

I really like the theme concept... and her dressing is so nice! :D

thank you, she's a very sweet lady who just nicely compliments the costume. :)

So dreamy and poetic. Beautiful!

thank you, glad you liked it! =)

One of the better Cosplay theme shoot.. #3 will be better if she's more to the left imo. the barrier provides a nice lead-in line to her.

I don't wanna offend anyone....

but but but....

Gothic lolita dressing is NOT cosplay. :sweat:

That said, I think she's a really pretty lady and the location was quite apt.

Last edited:
last photo looks awesome.. love it! only thing that i've noticed is that its a bit dark than its supposed to be. anyway, what lens did you use?

It's a little under, such that the details of her dress are lost. Also, your white balance is way out.

One of the better Cosplay theme shoot.. #3 will be better if she's more to the left imo. the barrier provides a nice lead-in line to her.

thanks, will try that for future shoots

not 100 marks for execution

but 100 marks for good effort..well done

thanks, found there's quite a few things to try to improve the picture's composition by.

I don't wanna offend anyone....

but but but....

Gothic lolita dressing is NOT cosplay. :sweat:

That said, I think she's a really pretty lady and the location was quite apt.

haha.. 1st attempt at lolita dressing, hope the next shoot will be more pleasant to you, kudos to the model! :bsmilie:

last photo looks awesome.. love it! only thing that i've noticed is that its a bit dark than its supposed to be. anyway, what lens did you use?

was using 85 1.2, realised that this lens is very challenging.. :sweat:

It's a little under, such that the details of her dress are lost. Also, your white balance is way out.

mmm.. in what way is it out? perhaps a few pointers in WB correction would be enlightening :)

The theme is nice and model fits well.
I totally agree with the comments of xylestesins

You can try to burn some parts of the photo and dodge where the model is :)

Alternatively, you can do some "creative vignetting" by using gradation filters towards the sides of the photo.

Pic 4's dress looks like it can still be rescued!
Try to use a brush and expose her dress areas further :thumbsup:

Pic 1 can pull the Blacks until something like pic 2 to make it more punchy

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.