An evening at the cemetery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by jon33
ok trained in the area quite a bit and my OC insisted no troops near the bidadari area. pressed for an answer he didn't say.

ok so i don't know why. but my OC's word is good enough for me. and so's the SAF TSR.(written in blood and all that)

take a chance? i wouldn't.

Hmmm... I didnt know that Bidadari Cemetery was ever used as a training area. When I used to jog there, the only soldiers that train or jog there are the Gurkhas who are based very near my place. I have stayed around the place since 1977 and the only SAF camp was a 3-tonner camp just opposite what used to be the Sang Nila Utama Sec School.

BTW, what's TSR?

Originally posted by rty

I took about 50 shots. I believe this is the last time I would visit the place. Not that I am superstitious but there's nothing much left to take.

Thanks for the reply. A pity that I discovered Club Snap just this month and not earlier, otherwise I would have alert to those interested in cemetery art.

Thanks for visiting my home page. I will probably be migrating my website to a server so that more people can view it.

Originally posted by Que Lynn
hey rty... !

i love this series of shots, especially the one with the orange lizard peeking from the angel wing. and the boots.

what did you mean that the place will soon be gone? is that why there's a lot of exhumation going on? what are they going to do with it?? :what:

Hi Que Lynn

If u want to go take pics there, be careful cos the grass have grown quite a bit. Heard from the caretaker (he drifts around) that there are snakes there and the high grass make good hiding place for them.

PM me if u need a guide as I know the cemetery layout quite well.

:thumbsup:

excellent pics...

to tell ya the truth they look kinda haunting to me... i'm viewing it past midnight

Originally posted by Derrick
Any directions on how to get there. I'm interested in having a look before every thing is gone. Thanx.

Where r u coming from to go to bidadari and r u driving? I can give u directions.

If i go alone probably MRT or bus from orchard area. Can probably get someone who drives to go with me so car directions also would be helpful .... from orchard area too. What's the exact street name, i can look it up in the street directory. Is it a very ulu place? Thanx.

Originally posted by Porky Pig

Where r u coming from to go to bidadari and r u driving? I can give u directions.

If u want to go take pics there, be careful cos the grass have grown quite a bit. Heard from the caretaker (he drifts around) that there are snakes there and the high grass make good hiding place for them.

PM me if u need a guide as I know the cemetery layout quite well.

you mean there are snakes there??
O no..
:eek:

argent2

Originally posted by jon33
very nice shots, well thought up. but let's not forget its the bidadari cemetery. not that i'm overtly superstitious..but there's a reason why SAF specifically prohibits anyone walking/training near that area. its in the TSR! (even though it allows troops to do route marches through the rest of the CCK cemeterires. trust me. i've walked there too many times to miss it)

got such thing meh? just implemented is it? last time every nite also go there topo

Wear your No. 4 slacks, boots and jungle knife. Can't trek without them. :D

Of course, also get your mag-lite etc. ready. I know people who trek or walk in the fields/forests/dark in shorts, slippers etc. very brave :p

Originally posted by argent2

you mean there are snakes there??
O no..
:eek:

argent2

Yup. Just be careful especially since the grass there hasnt been cut for a long time.

thanks for the tip.

but the warning came too late...

aaAArrGGGH! i've been bitten!!:confused:

argent2;p

just kidding...

If i go alone probably MRT or bus from orchard area. Can probably get someone who drives to go with me so car directions also would be helpful .... from orchard area too. What's the exact street name, i can look it up in the street directory. Is it a very ulu place? Thanx.

If u take the MRT from Orchard, take the one heading towards Bishan. Alight at Bisahn station and then take service 13 from the bus stop along Junction 8 shopping mall side. No need to cross the road. From here to the cemeteries by 13 is something like a 15-20 minutes journey. When the bus turns from Bartley Road onto Upper Serangoon Road, get ready to alight when u see a mosque just outside the Muslim cemetery. When the bus passed the mosque, press the bell and get ready to alight after the bus pass the next traffic light. Then just walk down further until u arrive at the main gate of the cemetery.

If driving from Orchard, travel to Serangoon, Upper Serangoon. MacPherson Road, Upper Aljunied Road, and then turned into Upper Serangoon again before arriving at the main gate of the cemetery. I suggest this route cos I dont think u can u-turn along Upper Serangoon Road to get into the cemetery.

Opps.. forgot to answer your questions. Got carried away with giving u directions.

Nope. It is not a ulu place. It is located opposite Upper Secondary Secondary School.

Will PM u a link to an map area of Bidadari Cemetery.

Thanx for the info. :) I can just take 111 or 85 from orchard. Went past the cemetary many times on my way to my gf's place but never new the name.

Opps.. forgot to answer your questions. Got carried away with giving u directions.

Nope. It is not a ulu place. It is located opposite Upper Secondary Secondary School.

Will PM u a link to an map area of Bidadari Cemetery.

Status
Not open for further replies.