Amateur-Pro Photo Printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

peepeedog

Jun 16, 2006
www.clickbangwhirl.com
Any recommendations for photo printers? I'm looking at printers of the likes of Epson R2400 or Epson R1800, not those 200 dollar ones.

I've read good reviews of the R2400 but i haven't heard much from other brands such as Hp etc. Any bros got some good advice?

HP has the B9180 and Canon has the Pro9500...

I don't have personal experience with the Epson 2400, but in using its big brother the Epson 4800, I had alot of problems with clogging, resulting in ink wastage... and that was even though I left the printer on 24/7... hope that's not the case for the 2400... any comments from any owners about this?

still waiting for my B9180 to arrive... its supposed to have the least likelyhood of clogging and the best written manual... unfortunately, not much dedicated media from HP available in Singapore, like their Professional Satin paper (have asked at many places, either never heard of it or they say not available in Singapore)...

but all three brands have very capable printers in this category... and all three are capable of producing very good colour and black and white prints...

...I had alot of problems with clogging, resulting in ink wastage... and that was even though I left the printer on 24/7...

I believe the correct approach is to turn it on and off everyday, not leaving it on all the time. Most printers will do one quick self-clean right after power up. And that's it.

I believe the correct approach is to turn it on and off everyday, not leaving it on all the time. Most printers will do one quick self-clean right after power up. And that's it.
actually, Epson recommends that the printer be powered on all the time as the printer will do self cleaning once in a while (this is also what the other 2 brands recommend as well for their pigment ink printers)... as well, Epson says (or at least the local agent, a certain representative of a major photographic equipment retailer and distributer) that keeping the power on all the time will allow the printer to maintain the ink levels of the printer at the print head, which should also reduce cloggage...

...Epson recommends...

hmmm... I googled, your approach is common but still have people complaining. I don't own any Epson printer (there is one on my wish list though) but I'd try the hybrid method, i.e. leave it on with occasional on/off (if I happened to own one)

p/s: Sorry for OT, peepeedog. Not able to help here. Sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.