Status
Not open for further replies.

faisalee

Feb 16, 2005
Planet Earth
www.flickriver.com
Hi Guys,

Just got infected by the BBB virus for the 18-200 VR :bsmilie:

I currently have the Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 Macro and Tamron 90mm DI with the D200

I noticed that I hardly use the Sigma and most of the time I have Tamron 90 on my D200, not because I like to take macros, but because of the range but the focusing is slow on both Sigma and Tamron :)

I just got these two lens a month ago, and now thinking of selling these two to get the 18-200VR!

What do you guys suggest ? Or do you think I am crazy :bsmilie:

Best Regards,
Faisal.

U have these 2 x lens a month only
- sigma 17-70 f2.8/4.5 Macro
- Tamron 90mm Macro

thinking of getting 18-200VR reason of the above lens AF slow.

I believe u want longer reach therefor longer lens. ;)

In this case go for it. :devil::lovegrin:

Hi Guys,

Just got infected by the BBB virus for the 18-200 VR :bsmilie:

I currently have the Sigma 17-70 f2.8-4.5 Macro and Tamron 90mm DI with the D200

I noticed that I hardly use the Sigma and most of the time I have Tamron 90 on my D200, not because I like to take macros, but because of the range but the focusing is slow on both Sigma and Tamron :)

I just got these two lens a month ago, and now thinking of selling these two to get the 18-200VR!

What do you guys suggest ? Or do you think I am crazy :bsmilie:

Best Regards,
Faisal.

No lah... you not crazy. Sometimes, it hard to know if we really like a lens or not when in a shop. You test it out for 5 minutes... but when you really shooting... that where you discover the limitations of your lens. I believe every lens has their pros and cons... so it is a matter of what pros you want to use, and what cons you can live with :)

Go ahead and buy... I find 18-200mm VR is all rounder and travel lens.

It's all about needs, wants, lust... $$$

Thats why we should all start out with the kit lens like the 18-55/70/135 first before venturing to other lenses!

I think, I will go to my wife for BBB virus treatment :bsmilie:

Will keep my current kit and use some more time, will upgrade later to faster focus and longer lens :think:

Thanks to all for the kind replies :thumbsup:

Means what bro :dunno:

Because you think you will be better with lens others than those you have. Mark my words, this will not stop, - you will always keep telling yourself if only you have that one...

Soon you become a ens and assessories collector. LIKE ME! If I will to tell you what I own, I dare say even new pros will envy me (except that my best body is only D200). And if I show you my photographs, then even the novice will laugh at me!...

:bsmilie: Buying, selling, hoarding is all part of photography being a hobby :bsmilie:

Pro won't envy. Pro will want the best cost vs profit solution.

well,
if you are complaing about AF speed, the 18-200 isn't going to be fantastic too.. frankly, you should keep your 17-70 because soon enough you will need to use it. trust me! i'm not turned on by the 18-200mm simply because of aperture. at 5.6 you will find it hard to shoot anything indoors.

i'd recon if you seriously want fast focusing, get a 50mm prime or something like that. the tamron 90 cant be very fast simply because its a macro lens, it was never made to be fast.

Certainly know what u meant. no medicine to cure... try 18-200 n see whether is your liking. if not next u will be selling off your 18-200 in bns... ha..

if selling 18-200mm pm me hor.... hehe... :bsmilie:

Naa.. u r not crazy.. just RICH!! :bsmilie:

can lah, collect lens is a hobby of its own! (no need to be leica / zeiss even...)

Only your wife will consider u crazy :bsmilie:

But for us here, its normal la

Status
Not open for further replies.