Altimeter watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tay

Nov 28, 2004
Bedok
Hi,
Does anyone knows where I can purchase locally for watches with this features?

Regards.

You can take a look at the Casio Pro-Trek series, easily available at all major watch shop, or the Tissot T-Touch series. There are quite a lot of brands that have watches with altimeter function. Other brands that I know is Hamilton.

kelccm said:
You can take a look at the Casio Pro-Trek series, easily available at all major watch shop, or the Tissot T-Touch series. There are quite a lot of brands that have watches with altimeter function. Other brands that I know is Hamilton.

Thks for the info given. Will try to search around.:thumbsup:

If you want the serious gear, try Suunto.

The Tissot T-Touch is really nice but expensive :(

Cheapest is probably the Casio ProTrek.

nuts said:
If you want the serious gear, try Suunto.

The Tissot T-Touch is really nice but expensive :(

Cheapest is probably the Casio ProTrek.

I'm looking for one that is accurate. I saw the Casio ProTrek at penisula selling $100+.For this price i dun think can be any better. Do you know the price for the Tissot T-Touch & the
Suunto that you recommend?:)

tissot and suunto will be around the 700 - 1k+ region.

Hamilton multi touch

Khaki Field Multi-Touch Functions

To activate functions:

Pressing the center button activates the glass. Touching the corresponding symbol of the desired function will activate it. The glass will be deactivated after 30 seconds of inactivity.

Chronograph Function:

Chrono Function with split time capability.

Barometer Function:

The hands on the watch will superimpose to indicate the variance in the atmospheric pressure. The Khaki Field Multi-Touch measures these variations to indicate the meteorological trend. When the atmospheric pressure rises, the skies clear. The hands will move toward the sun on the right. When the atmospheric pressure decreases, it becomes cloudy. The hands will move toward the clouds on the left. The digital display will give the absolute pressure in hectoPascal.

Altimeter Function:

When the altimeter function is activated, the watch is turned into a barometric altimeter and displays the altitude in relation to average sea level. The Khaki Field Multi-function can be set to display the altitude in meters or feet.

Thermometer Function:

The Khaki Multi-Touch is able to display the temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit while in the thermometer mode. For the most accurate temperature measurements, the watch should be removed from the wrist for at least 15 minutes so that body temperature does not effect the reading.

Compass Function :

While in the compass mode, the Khaki Field Multi-Touch with the minute hand indicates the geographical North Pole taking into consideration the magnetic deviation. The Khaki Field Multi-Touch will indicate the degree of magnetic deviation between the geographic and magnetic North Pole on the digital display.

Alarm Function

24 hour alarm functionwith acoustic alarm.

I'll stay away from Suunto watches as it eats batteries like there is no tomorrow. I've owned one, Suunto, and decided to go with the Casio.

I just bought a Casio pathfinder PRG90 at a price of $243 from Mustafa Centre.

http://www.casio-intl.com/wat/protrek/triple_sensor/prg-90.html

I've check out the range of pathfinder watches at Mustafa and most of the older models looks "busy" with the non recessed buttons.

HTH.

Status
Not open for further replies.