alternate place for NDP fireworks shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

kh_drew

Aug 5, 2002
Singapore
Visit site
Hi all,

went recce-ing this afternoon. Here another place that you might consider for a different view of the NDP fireworks tomorrow evening:

Blk 5 or Blk 7 of flats diagonally opposite the Kallang MacDonald's, corner of Old Airport Rd and Mountbatten Rd. Common corridors from 12th storey and below offer good views, with the CBD skyline in the horizon and stadium floodlights in the foreground. Fireworks will be launched from practise track. Just take care not to knock the flower pots over :)

andrew

You're referring to the Pine Grove flats, right? I tried taking the fireworks from there before. Yes, you do get a clear view of the action from a higher elevation, but I feel that the photos don't look very impressive because of the poor foreground: basically all you have is a dark foreground with some building lights here and there, a dim blue sky, some smoke effects from the stadium, and bursts of fireworks. Not that this is bad in itself, but I find that the shots posted recently by the Clubsnappers positioned at Cosy Bay are much more attractive because of the reflections off the water surface. Just something for you to consider (not much time left, though!).

Here's a (not so good) sample of how it looks like from over there.

d.jpg

Regards
CK

Status
Not open for further replies.