[Allenleonhart] xXxHoLicapes [2010]

xXxHoLicapes_1s.jpg

xXxHoLicapes_2s.jpg

xXxHoLicapes_3s.jpg

First time out shooting for seascapes proper. learnt that sky is very bright, u will almost need a lot of Nds. this was shot with a nd4 stacked with an nd8 with a cpl, but realise u need at least 10 stop difference for a good blur sea. i think the photos are a total of 3-5 pictures juxtaposed together. will wish to thank night86mare, for inspiration, and also for the tripod. have restored it to a very good condition, and this will certainly not be possible without his advice, magazines and loads of help.

exposure ranges from 10-30 sec, aperture ranges from 16-32. iso is 100 though. its a mix and match senario. done under significant time constrains. i only had 1/2 an hour there to shoot.

will like to comment on something: labrador park beach area is officially closed. pls do not attempt to crawl inside, through the side of the seawall thingy where u can actually walk along, lugging a backpack and a tripod while maintaining steady balance. it is shut off for wild life conservation reasons, and no one is supposed to go inside there to shoot the beach ok?

Last edited:
p28.jpg

p37.jpg

portrait8.jpg

went down to ndp mock parade today. wasnt expecting to shoot exactly so i didnt bring a lot of extra equipments. so this is really just camera, with no extra attachments like flash or tripod.
all are shot with a 55-250, which i have to say has a very high IQ.
it was abt 5-6 plus in afternoon, sun setting. still bright enough for me to shoot handheld at mostly i estimate 250 mm end of the lens. iso was 400, shutter speed varies. aperture varies from f8-16 i think, so images are quite sharp.

minor editing to desat the images. feels more solemn that way

Last edited:
how far r u standing away from the subject when u shot wif ur 55-250?

LOL, tt's near sia, anw i realli like the 3rd pic (Y)

Clubsnap @ SAM

wedding shoot out:
cssamwedding2small.jpg

was testing out a dreamy effect for this. i'll say i screwed it up in post processing. hmm. found that it was not easy trying to shoot with almost another 30 photographers beside. very challenging.

cssamwedding3small.jpg

another one of the same shot same place against the wall. personally i found the wall too bright and i cant seem to get a good exposure. either i lose dress detail, or i lose the brightness. not my best, but thought its good for memories sake.

cssamweddingsmall.jpg

this is probably my fav shot of the day. nothing fanciful, but its probably the models having fun and really being happy. i could sense that it wasnt easy modelling infront of so many dslrs. offered the guy to carry the girl. and i got this shot where both of them really had fun doing that (or so i hope). thanks a lot to the models and those who helped organise this event.

IMG_16591.jpg

i'm not too sure which moderator he is. even up till now i also not sure who is who :x
and this is probably my best shot for the day. cause he really looks dashing.

Last edited:
Clubsnap @ SAM

i'm not too sure which moderator he is. even up till now i also not sure who is who :x
and this is probably my best shot for the day. cause he really looks dashing.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6337445&postcount=208

Weird that you would ask this quetion leh.. This guy never sew the nick on the tee? Actually I never notice their tee got nick.. or else I'll take a closer look.. heehee.. ;p

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6337445&postcount=208

Weird that you would ask this quetion leh.. This guy never sew the nick on the tee? Actually I never notice their tee got nick.. or else I'll take a closer look.. heehee.. ;p

no lar. ed got mention his name. but i forgot, then i didnt see his sleeve either:embrass:

even now, the ed i also not sure which ed. got 2 leh. 1 is edmund, cs admin. 1 is ed9119, moderator.

the ed i saw the sleeve is a ed:) which makes things worse:bsmilie:

Welcome to APAD!! :D

a few still life? no idea how u classify this.

was at my temple shooting. realised for 17 years, there is so much i haven't noticed:)

IMG_2021_2_1.jpg

IMG_2034_2_1.jpg

IMG_2059_2_1.jpg

my personal fav is the dragon. i like the texture of worn out paint:)

pic 1: its the door knocker on the main doors of the temple. i looked ridiculous setting up tripod, especially when i gotta do both rituals and take photos! feet cold thanks to rain and shoes wet. ended up bare footed running around

pic 2: its the mini general heads on needles! felt they do deserve a shot too.

pic 3: the dragon was there... since 50 years ago! i dun think it was painted during the renovation of the temple, so its cracks are still visible

Last edited:
Nice apad. I like your writeups. Why holiscapes?

Nice apad. I like your writeups. Why holiscapes?

play on the manga series xXxHolic. meaning addiction for love. add scape behind as escape !:bsmilie:
add together, u get escape from the addiction to love. i went heavier on photography as a means to sort my thoughts off my ex gf.
and thank you for viewing!

Last edited:
play on the manga series xXxHolic. meaning addiction for love. add scape behind as escape !:bsmilie:
add together, u get escape from the addiction to love. i went heavier on photography as a means to sort my thoughts off my ex gf.
and thank you for viewing!

:bsmilie: