All About The Olympus E-510 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi... sorry if OT.. tried to search but couldn't find discussion on ISO increments in E410/E510. I can't quite figure it out but seems like the ISO can be adjusted only in 1EV ISO steps ie 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600. The E500 can be adjusted in 1/3 EV steps. We can't do it in E410/E510? Thanks for helping... :) a bit blur :sweat:

E330/400/500 in 1/3 EV steps possible
E410/510 only in 1 EV steps

E330/400/500 in 1/3 EV steps possible
E410/510 only in 1 EV steps

Thanks Seaweed.... so it's only in 1 EV steps for E410/E510? Hmm... no wonder I searched high and low couldn't find a way to change the setting; though a few previews I read in the internet seems to suggest it can be adjusted in 1/3 EV increments. A little disappointing cannot be adjusted in smaller EV steps.....

Any 1st impression from new owner of E-510?

No time to take my new toy for shoot yet... but first impression is, picture quality is similar to E410 as posted in this forum. The only diff is the IS which so far what I can see, effectiveness is quite similar to "C" brand's in-lens IS (I'm comparing against the EF300MM F4 IS lens; not a scientific comparison though, just 1st impressions)... about 4 EV steps (which I think equivalent to 2 F stops... correct me if I'm wrong :sweat: ).

Having used E500 before, I must say the ISO performance is very impressive. Only sad part is cannot adjust in 1/3 increments. Small complaint lah. I think up to ISO 800, images are very usable. :)

Congrats on your purchase Doc! :thumbsup:

Got mine for $1,336.65 charged to credit card and comes with 2 x 2G CF cards... one collected on the spot and the other to collect from Olympus Studio. ;)

You've got $1350 worth of filters~?!?!?

Awesome bro :thumbsup:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

ahaha, i wish i did. gonna sell my beloved Lumix FZ30 and its accessories together, thought i could save the 55mm filters for the ZD lenses. guess i'll sell them together with the FZ30.

$1350 worth of filters would be very nice though...hahaha

What kind of card is Olympus bundling with the E510?

No time to take my new toy for shoot yet... but first impression is, picture quality is similar to E410 as posted in this forum. The only diff is the IS which so far what I can see, effectiveness is quite similar to "C" brand's in-lens IS (I'm comparing against the EF300MM F4 IS lens; not a scientific comparison though, just 1st impressions)... about 4 EV steps (which I think equivalent to 2 F stops... correct me if I'm wrong :sweat: ).

Having used E500 before, I must say the ISO performance is very impressive. Only sad part is cannot adjust in 1/3 increments. Small complaint lah. I think up to ISO 800, images are very usable. :)

very strange... how come only in 1EV?? :think:

i tried searching the oly web for the advance manaual but it has not been released yet..

Got mine for $1,336.65 charged to credit card and comes with 2 x 2G CF cards... one collected on the spot and the other to collect from Olympus Studio. ;)

Where did you get it? ;p

Yeah, where did you get it, I am interested also!!!;p:bwhat:

I got it from Parisilk at Holland Village... but they have no more stock.... cos I bought the last one today. ;) You guys can try and place orders with them if interested. 2% cheaper still if you pay by cash.

wow i din know parisilk sells dslrs too. that's really cheap lor.

It's a open secret that Parisilk is and has always been very competitive in their pricing. ;)

also depends on the person you got it from; personally i prefer to deal with the chinese dude at the HV outlet.

i do find parisilk outside my camp to be slightly more expensive.

There is many complain about the E-510 LCD's color is not good. Who can discribe your experience?

Thanks!

$1310 is before or after gst?

Status
Not open for further replies.