Alert!! Too good to be TRUE!!! Or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way you gonna catch them.Must as well play along and tell you have the money and need time to arrange. Give them fake A/C number and fake name. Make sure you get them to call you everyday, pretend you are trying very hard to raise that sum of money. Let them spend money on international calls. Make sure they do not collect call from you or charges charged to your handphone........few days later, give them a piece of your mind in various languages and curse them from 1st generation to present or even future!

I did the above for those african scam by e-mail. when thru a big round and finally sat at my PC and send them almost almost 800 junk e-mails.....

No way you gonna catch them.Must as well play along and tell you have the money and need time to arrange. Give them fake A/C number and fake name. Make sure you get them to call you everyday, pretend you are trying very hard to raise that sum of money. Let them spend money on international calls. Make sure they do not collect call from you or charges charged to your handphone........few days later, give them a piece of your mind in various languages and curse them from 1st generation to present or even future!

I did the above for those african scam by e-mail. when thru a big round and finally sat at my PC and send them almost almost 800 junk e-mails.....

u too stress liao...

ai yo ... check with SPF...they ve been sending Crime alerts since last week about such scam .... they will probably have more details :)....warn the elderly... at least, I did

anyway, tactics quite similar to 'nigerian scam' ...only different country ...very soon there will be 'SING-A-POR' version :devil:

i quote

Board: Beware of HK lucky draw scam

KUALA LUMPUR: The Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) has warned Malaysians to be wary of Hong Kong travel companies which ask for personal data such as bank account numbers.

The tourism board said it had received several inquiries from Malaysians who were called by representatives of certain Hong Kong travel companies claiming they had organised lucky draws in collaboration with HKTB.

“Customers who won prizes from the draw were asked to provide personal data including identity card or bank account numbers.

“We wish to alert all consumers to be wary as the board is neither involved, nor has appointed any representative in such promotions,” the tourism board said in a press statement.

It added that the 2007 Hong Kong Shopping Festival, which is under way, does not have any lucky draw element.

“We wish to caution the public to exercise vigilance.”

Anyone suspecting something amiss can contact the HKTB Singapore office at 65-63365800 or e-mail to sinwwo@hktb.com for clarification

unquote

hey just ask them to deduct the 15% country tax and deposit the remainder into your account. :bsmilie:
15% = 30000
balance = 170000

if you see the 170000 do let us know k?

I did told her them this..
But they give me lots of stupid reason...

:think: u tink its fake but u still give him ur bank account number "just in case it's real"
:rolleyes:....................... :rolleyes: ............................ :rolleyes:

Of coz I don't believe there're such wonderful thing in this world...
I gave my a/c no. because it's safe and I've got nothing to lose..
But over my dead body if they want anything else from me..

I'm still playing along with her too..
From the start when she said I've won 200,000, I started recording down every conversation we had.
Also, I told her I've raised the money, so there'll be another guy contacting me tomorrow...
Gonna see how it goes.. :bsmilie:

I'm still playing along with her too..
From the start when she said I've won 200,000, I started recording down every conversation we had.
Also, I told her I've raised the money, so there'll be another guy contacting me tomorrow...
Gonna see how it goes.. :bsmilie:

tell him come to do collection lah, TT bo hua... then u give them cheque... hahaha... make sure it bounce...

Hi,

Have anyone got a call from any person from 香港永和電子國際科技有限公司(Hong Kong Yonghe electron international science and technology limited company).

URL: http://www.hkyhe.com

Scenario:

A person from this company called me and asked me to go to their company event on Wed in Malaysia.
I asked her how did she got my number and she told me because I bought a gadget and did a survey.(I bought so many gadget, so I didn't asked further.)
I wasn't free and did not attend.

On Thur, the same person called me again and told me that they had a lucky draw from the dinner and I got second prize which is SGD$ 200,000!!!

She asked for my bank a/c no. and said the company will transfer to me.
After that, she said I have to pay 15% of the 200,000 as Country Tax.

I told her I don't have and she asked me to find ways to get it in order to receive the 200,000.

Anyone encounter the similar case as I did?

After you've got the $200,000 is not the end of the story.

The lady will want to marry you too. :bsmilie:

Please take note !!!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A FREE LUNCH !

Tell them you've managed to raise the funds, but give stupid reasons for how you cannot send the funds but need them to collect it in person. Arrange to meet and then bring a video cam along..better still, bring the police along.

just tell them you want to donate half the of money to charity, and she can keep the rest, but condition is she has represent you to make the donation, and send you the photo of the cheque presentation ceremony plus a thank you letter from the charity organization will do.

If you work for the SAF, HELL YEAH! :bsmilie:

Well, actually breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner and night snack! No wonder my buddies all wanted to stay in camp eventhoug they could book out everyday! It didn't halp that the senior cooks we had could easily apply for a job at Chien Foo Jie or Mogul Mahal! LOL!

Oh... so that's what that call was about...

I was driving when some unknown number called and a lady was speaking in chinese of which I could hardly make out what she was trying to say.

Not to mention my command of the language is almost non-existent... naturally I just hung up.

I wonder where they get our numbers from... :dunno:

just in case u give your account number and they DID put in $200k in your account....
please be very careful and i will suggest you go to the POLICE immediately...

i'm no expert here, it maybe some money laundering operation..
AND furthermore, if u are caught with unknown large sum of money, CPIB can throw u in jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.