Alert, Malaysia Phone Scammer from "Microsoft"

fusionz

Jan 27, 2008
Milky Way
Just received a call on my residential line and this is a dumb scammer. I supposed he should be a Indian from India due to his accent and told me he is calling from Microsoft. And they had been receiving messages from my Windows and the contents of the messages contains traces of malware and spyware and they got my residential number from my ISP which is Singtel and he is here to help me solve the problems. Asked me to power on my computer and he will guide me step by step to solve the problems.

So I questioned him which Windows version are you talking about cos I got more than 1 computer and he think for awhile and told me Windows 7. Nice try! :sticktong I don't even use Windows 7 and I told him sorry I don't use windows 7 but windows vista so he was "ya, windows 7 and windows vista are the same". So I screwed him telling him they r different and he still can answer me "ya, I know" but he was damn persistent telling me how serious the problems were and my computer could malfunction and insist that I turn on the computer.

Damn irritating and so I told him "sorry my laptop HDD is dead so there's no way I can turn on the computer for you and therefore i don't need or want your help, Bye" and slammed down the phone. :angry: Wasted 5min of my time.

After that he still called twice but I don't want to pick up the call. So everyone out there just take note, you or your friends might receive this call or similar tactic used.

Anyway, the number is 6076259911 and from Malaysia JB after I confirmed with my friend cos after the missed call, I received a alert with the number on my mobile phone.

Some lame virus programers. Instead of sending the crap via email they now try the 'manual installation' via user call.

I have a recording of that speech from "Taken" just for these people. just play it to them whenever they call. those insurance/cc/scammers.

Some lame virus programers. Instead of sending the crap via email they now try the 'manual installation' via user call.

very aggressive coldcalling and hard sell strategy.

Your experience shows the following:

They are very persistent. They don't take no for an answer. They blatantly carry on even when you have proved to them that you know they are fake.

They even called you again twice after you slammed the phone.

So... truth is not what they care about.

They know what they are doing. Actually they are looking for the psychologically weak who will succumb to persistent phone calls - not matter how outrageous and untrue the silly story they spin. There is a method to their madness. By this scam, they must have been able to cheat some victims and profited much from doing so. Otherwise they would not continue doing this.

Last edited:
my mom got the same scam call the other day. then the called, a female indian, said my mom's pc is using pirated software. i told her to ***** off cos my mom doesn't own a pc.

then she changed target and said its my pc. i said i use a mac and hung up. lol.

Thanks for the alert

question is if we power up the computer while on-line with the scammer. what can he do? anything high-tech involved

eg, with phone line on , Scammer can hack into computer?

or

some dumb tactics to trick us?

Thanks for the alert

question is if we power up the computer while on-line with the scammer. what can he do? anything high-tech involved

eg, with phone line on , Scammer can hack into computer?

or

some dumb tactics to trick us?

most prob, he will guide you to allow him remote access to your computer so that he can "solve" the problem for you

I believed he want me to open a spoof website which I have no idea cos I did not gave him any chance. From there, they might be able to hack into your computer. Not thru phone line but thru your internet connection.

But I really regret it, should have played along with him and just continue to follow his instructions thou I will never power up my computer, really want to know his reaction. hahahaaaaa.......... Let's see whether he will call up again and i shall give him the epic moment of his life to spice up his mundane job. LOL ;p

fraudulent ppl won't call a person again cos they are using the element of a sudden unexpected event to fool a person. (of course this scammer is diff cos he called Thrice)

last time, got once, some fraudster called and pretend to prolong the airtime. in fact he/she is using the your phone for international call. any body recall this?

sounds fun....
on your com tell him u run microsoft linux
den version 10 call lion

how about running in window 3.1

LOL do you know why they're persistent? because they don't care. there's bound to be some IT/tech idiot that doesn't know better. thanks to Ed for making this viral!

I would love they call me. So that I can have a nice chit chat session with them before I screw them upside down. Lol
I will probably tell them I own a msdos 6.22 and that I am still using a modem dial up, slowly go thru the process with them, and make them answer me more instead of me working my hands. I bet it will be a lovely talk cork session.

Last edited:
So I questioned him which Windows version are you talking about cos I got more than 1 computer and he think for awhile and told me Windows 7. Nice try! :sticktong I don't even use Windows 7 and I told him sorry I don't use windows 7 but windows vista so he was "ya, windows 7 and windows vista are the same". So I screwed him telling him they r different and he still can answer me "ya, I know" but he was damn persistent telling me how serious the problems were and my computer could malfunction and insist that I turn on the computer.

HAHAHAHA!!! Good one!!

Hmmm.....i received a weird call last month. Perhaps they are the scammers you guys are referring to. We didn't have the chance to talk further. This was what i posted on my Facebook.....

ScreenShot.jpg

Last edited: