Akarui dry cabinet led light

nilfire77

Apr 15, 2010
Hi guys, just got myself a 23L Akarui dry cabinet.

Is the red LED light supposed to be on? It will only light up when I set the knob almost to the 'L' setting. When the knob is at 'H' or 'M', the red LED doesn't light up. Is there a problem with my dry cabinet? Thanks.

Read this. I think it will answer your query.:)

Hi guys, just got myself a 23L Akarui dry cabinet.

Is the red LED light supposed to be on? It will only light up when I set the knob almost to the 'L' setting. When the knob is at 'H' or 'M', the red LED doesn't light up. Is there a problem with my dry cabinet? Thanks.

I have used this cabi before. From your description, it is working properly. My knob is at 'M' and RH is approx 42% as per the analog dial.

For further test to ensure it is working, open the door and let new air get in. Without turning the knob, the red led should light up again and Rh should increase. Close the door and wait (perhaps 20-30mins depending on your room environment) and RH should go down and the led light should go off. When the led is off, it means the RH in the cabi has been achieved.

Last edited:
Yes I agree, set it to 'M' setting. My guess is that you have humidity set too low and your cabinet is working too hard.
40-50% is the best range for photo gear.

Thanks a lot for the info!