Status
Not open for further replies.

hopecount

Jun 16, 2008
Jurong
hi
am new to the whole dslr deal so i have a few qns

is it okay to place a dry cabinet in an aircon room? what effects will there be
is it okay to shoot in an air con room? (yes i maybe be over paranoid lol)
will bring the camera thru sudden temp changes like from aircon room to room temp be bad to the camera?

help :dunno:
thanks =D

#1: you can place a dry cabinet in any condition.. the dry cabinet is supposed to keep its interior consistently dry..

#2: no you can't.. hahaha.. joking.. of course you can shoot in air con rooms..

#3: just note the misting / fogging on the surface of lenses (esp when the difference in temperature is very large and causes condensation on the surface of the lens)

will the misting cause any damage to the lens or any part of the camera?

wipe it off with lens cloth.. or cover the lens with lens cover.. dun think it'll cause anything.. spectacles without anti-fogging experience that all the time..

i suggest dun get too paranoid and start taking some pics.. :D

wipe it off with lens cloth.. or cover the lens with lens cover.. dun think it'll cause anything.. spectacles without anti-fogging experience that all the time..

i suggest dun get too paranoid and start taking some pics.. :D

ok i will....
once my battery finishes charging =D

will the misting cause any damage to the lens or any part of the camera?

One way to avoid misting is to put the equipment in a sealed plastic and allow it to reach the ambient temperature before taking it out of the bag. Since the cameras aren't airtight bodies the condensation will happen both inside the camera as well as outside. Have a look at the last section in this article: http://www.ritzcamera.com/static/articles/tips/winter-photo.html

Do keep in mind that the article refers to taking the camera from subzero to "normal" temperature where condensation can be severe, a few degrees temperature change would not be so bad.

raghu

thanks for the help guys =D
will go on my first photoshoot once i finish sleeping haha
yawns

in fact an air conditioned room (cold) is actually a good place to keep camera/lenses
as the humidity is low (dry cold air)

One way to avoid misting is to put the equipment in a sealed plastic and allow it to reach the ambient temperature before taking it out of the bag. Since the cameras aren't airtight bodies the condensation will happen both inside the camera as well as outside. Have a look at the last section in this article: http://www.ritzcamera.com/static/articles/tips/winter-photo.html

Do keep in mind that the article refers to taking the camera from subzero to "normal" temperature where condensation can be severe, a few degrees temperature change would not be so bad.

raghu

thx Raghu
but somehow i still dun get the plastic bag part.
wrapped in the bag? doesnt condensation still take place.. :think::dunno::sweat:

hey folks
why does my dry box keep going to 30+ humidity
i set it to M and manual says thats around 50

is it due to my putting it in an air cond room?
when its too dry the camera body might crack right?
._. so scared

err..... too dry body might crack??

Dun think your aircon is that power.

Anyway, if you using seal tight bag, the humidity will be seal in too. It sealed the environmental humidity. Unless you seal it in a aircon, humidity controlled environment, if not no need. A dry box should be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.