Aipo dry cabinet servicing

waikhong

Oct 12, 2003
Visit site
For those who bought the Aipo dry cabinet from ex-distributor Ms Mok, the bad news is that the 5 years warranty is no longer valid. The new distributor is Poon Hup Seng Photography Pte Ltd located at Waterloo Centre. Those who needs to have their dry cabinet service can bring down your set there. I bought my EX88 from Ms Mok back in 2011 and it failed during the CNY period with blinking LED "00". Brought the unit down on Friday and got it back serviced the next day. The cost of the repair was $30 which they replaced the humidifier and LED panel at the front. They also give me a new power adapter. Now the unit is working fine with my precious gears in it. Peace of mind finally.

Poon Hup Seng Photography Pte Ltd
#01-25 Waterloo Centre
Blk 261 Waterloo ST.
Tel : 63360015

Mon - Fri 9.30am - 5.30pm
Sat - 9.30am -12pm

thanks for the post. my LED just started disco! :confused:

Am sorry I missed this thread. May I suggest we sticky this thread?

Will be bringing both my units down on this Sat hopefully, hope can be fixed for fair price.

Just to share my experience. My Aipo EX 48, started the "running number" problem, display shows 11, 22, 33, 44, ..... then show the humidity, then repeat.. 11, 22, 33, 44..

Apparently this means the power adapter has failed. Based on the address above, went to Waterloo street and purchased a new adapter for $10. Cabinet back to normal working condition now.

The gentlemen or boss at the show is called Raymond, quite a friendly guy. He said power adapter is only covered under 1 year warranty, so I need to buy a new one since my cabinet is 2 years old. Cabinet warranty is still 5 years and he will honour warranty from previous distributor (Ms Mok).

I also noted that the original adaptor provided by Ms Mok is 5V, 2000mA, but the new adaptor I bought is 5V, 2100mA. So that might be the difference.

Lets hope this AIPO continues to work well.

Awesome... My cabinet is having the same problem and am trying to find out why.
Thanks!

I also noted that the original adaptor provided by Ms Mok is 5V, 2000mA, but the new adaptor I bought is 5V, 2100mA. So that might be the difference.
Most smaller cabinets are rated with 5W consumption. With 5V this would result in 1A current. If the power supply is rated with 2000mA it should not have any issue with delivering the 1A current. Even with 8W consumption it would still be within the range.
I suspect there are other issues with the components used inside. If many cabinets have similar issues it rather points to a batch problem or a general (design) issue.

My AIPO 68EX LCD starts blinking 00 today :( So it means I need to buy new adaptor or needs to bring down repair?

My AIPO 68EX LCD starts blinking 00 today :( So it means I need to buy new adaptor or needs to bring down repair?

please kindly contact them during working hours to find out more.

Poon Hup Seng Photography Pte Ltd
#01-25 Waterloo Centre
Blk 261 Waterloo ST.
Tel : 63360015

Mon - Fri 9.30am - 5.30pm
Sat - 9.30am -12pm

My AP-68EX just went kaput. Everything went blank except for the "Run" button blinking.

Hope it's just the adaptor like the previous time.

Ok just found this thread. Thanks for info.

Now the adaptor costs $15. And there is no invoice given. Stamp by Alan Photo though.

3rd time down, think it's time to buy a new dry cabinet!

Yesterday night notice LED display on my unit (AP-88EX) start dancing, showing "11, 22, 33.. 88 .. " :(
Just called them, they advise me to go down and get a new adapter at $15 (am still using the old adapter). Hope it stop dancing after getting the new adapter.

Yesterday night notice LED display on my unit (AP-88EX) start dancing, showing "11, 22, 33.. 88 .. " :(
Just called them, they advise me to go down and get a new adapter at $15 (am still using the old adapter). Hope it stop dancing after getting the new adapter.

Update just for info. Bought a new adapter last week, was given a 4A plug. My original adapter was only 2A.

Breakdown rate seems to be about 2 to 2.5 years. I need to replace mine (again!).

Just for info's sake:

Output terminal type: PC04 DC plug (5.5 x 2.5 mm)

Last edited: