WTSell: Accessory - Other Digi-Cabi Professional DHC-80 dry cabinet (80 litres)

Status
Not open for further replies.

James23

May 7, 2019
Classifieds Type: WTSell

Equipment Type: Accessory

Brand: Other

Short Description: Digi-Cabi Professional DHC-80 dry cabinet (80 litres)

Price (S$): 100

Condition of Item(s): 8

Detailed Description:
Digi-Cabi Professional DHC-80 dry cabinet.

Note that it's the 'professional' model with digital control and display of humidity to the nearest 1% on the front. No messing around trying to get the dial in the right place, just set the control to 45% (or your choice) and forget it!

See here for full specs:
https://www.harveynorman.com.sg/smart-tech-and-phones/photography-accessories/camera-bags-and-cases/digicabi-dry-cabinet-dhc-80.html

About 2 - 3 years old and in almost mint condition

EXCEPT....

that the power supply has blown. It's a small circuit board in a box on the back of the cabinet. I've spoken to the distributor and they say it is $50 for a new one. Very simple, just one wire and three screws to remove / replace it. But you have to visit their service centre at 577185 (Bishan) and I just cannot spare the time to go there at the moment (new baby at home).

Here's their website's servicing page:
http://digihub.com.sg/servicing/

They ask you to remove the dehumidifier, controller, display and power supply and take to the service centre for testing and replacement (the woman on the phone says 15-20 min wait time while they test). There's a video on the above linked page which shows you exactly how to do this - easy, just a few screws. Quoted $50 for new power supply board when I phones them.

Alternatively, you could probably use a "wall brick" type power supply to power it (needs 3.8v and about 1.5A, or at least that's what the inbuilt supply is rated for). So you could actually get it working for next to nothing. Or alternatively, use it as a sealed box with a dish of silica gel crystals (that's what I've done whilst waiting for new one to be delivered).

The rest of the cabinet is basically as new. Complete with key for door lock and instructions, and of course all interior shelves. Been used inside our hallway cupboard, so out of sun and dust etc and still looks like new.

I couldn't spare the time at the moment to get it fixed, so I had to order a new one instead. If you have the time to get the repair done, then this is a great way to get an excellent dry cabinet for a bargain price.

Small enough to go on the back seat or in boot of most cars / taxis, so easy to collect.

Normal price: $440
On sale new at: $318

Asking only $100 plus it will cost you $50 for the new power supply.
So in total, it will cost you $150 total for $318 dry cabinet.

Self collect only at my condo, Siglap, East Coast.

Name: James

Email:
james@jos.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.