Agnes J - Manicurist

Agnes had her 'golden' tresses shortened for a coming project.....;)

34592198965_721f7326fb_k_d.jpg

Aggies hair could all fall out and she would still look great! :bheart:

Agnes on going project...this shot manage to capture her other side...calm and cool ;)

34333099560_695ae19035_k_d.jpg

Last edited:
Zeisser,
I know you said before that you don't use photoshop but in this particular case post #50
the eyes (they are bloodshot) and teeth because of background colour are off white.

Post #51, "the 3 sides of Agnes J" are technically frontal (parallel to camera).Although exposure is good but the posing would be better if she was standing rather than seated.Reason being subject tend
to slouch (not that she is) if photographer did not ask subject to sit up straight.The more important reason is because she is in sitting position her tube dress will have creases along the sides which
breaks the flow line of her body unless you photoshop again (might as well get it right in camera).

Personally I feel the "Watari" look (those who are old enough to remember the japanese cartoon series, hair covering one eye) does not suit Agnes J.

Now if I were to shoot Agnes J, I would avoid full frontal as that will make women look "thick" unless she is thin and that will give her more body so to speak.

All women want to look like a model, beautiful and sexy. In Agnes J's case a angular shot would be ideal as that will slim her down and give her bosom (chest) more shape , a slight profile not to mention her face.;) Of course the posing of the hands needs more imagination. Make her do some action of have her hold something like the stool she's sitting on or some object..you know what I mean.:)

PS my comments are for photographic excellence and purpose and not make judgement of Agnes J personally.;p Don't even tell subject why you are shooting her in a certain way if you want the best results as that will affect her mood and self esteem which translate to the final look/expression!

Although you use "beauty lighting" ( minimum shadows, it does make photo look flat 2D if that is what you are going for, a beauty shot).Her eyes and smile are her strongest features. When the eyes and mouth "smile" in harmony that's when you have the best shot.

I'm sure Agnes would be thrilled and happy if you shoot her this way. Looking forward to see more of Agnes J. Cheers. :cool:

Last edited:
Appreciate you dropping by One eye jack but as have mentioned we were in an on going project and these series
of quickies were shot after the main theme was completed. It was tedious for her after a long session and I couldn't
expect much from her she not being a 'pro' model just an ordinary manicurist who helped out one of our colleaques
for the project. All I did was to end it quickly so that we can call it a day. :)

Last edited:
Appreciate you dropping by One eye jack but as have mentioned we were in an on going project and these series of quickies were shot after the main theme was completed. It was tedious for her after a long session and I couldn't expect much from her she not being a 'pro' model just an ordinary manicurist who helped out one of our colleaques for the project. All I did was to end it quickly so that we can call it a day. :)

Understand...Agnes is not the main event.I like to debunk a popular photographer's myth that a "pro"
model makes life easier as she is experienced and know how to pose. Even a professional model need direction from photographer or art director. Ultimately you are the one to make the photograph and knows best what looks good for subject. Posing is an art by itself.

Your latest photo today (post #56) is in the right direction but again you may be tired also so did not notice the details. The devil is in the details.:D Let me elaborate, her lips of the eyes and mouth are in harmony..great a winner! Her arms and hands are in the right positions (away from the body so body outline can be seen and there is a slight S curve which accentuate her female shape/curves..important as women like to see themselves as sexy which I mention about her chest).

Actually showing the back of hands is to be avoided as it looks or may be unattractive. Karate chop profile is good.Try not to have fingers spread out like claws or bananas..reduce the spacing between fingers if possible. The thumb of her right hand is hidden..looks like amputee. Of course different hand postions can imply or convey a certain mood or emotion (sensual or otherwise). In this photo Agnes comes across as confident and knows that she's hot! (La mei):D

Now comes a major flaw.. notice the size difference of her thighs because she sitting on half her butt so her flesh is squeezed/flattened by the stool. The trick or remedy is not to sit fully on the
stool or chair, just sit partially with her thigh hanging away from stool because of gravity her thigh will look thinner.;) Of course she needs to carefully balance herself.

Well I think building rapport between photographer and subject on a professional basis is key.
When subject trust you..magic happens.:lovegrin: Jia you bro. (encouragement).

Last edited: