affection/vulnerability

Status
Not open for further replies.

faultymailbox

Oct 22, 2006
IMG_0525.jpg

Lighting is way too bright, it's oof and blurred. Snapshot material.

thanks man, will keep that in mind. i was using a compact cam. would a slr help things?

thanks man, will keep that in mind. i was using a compact cam. would a slr help things?

Definately, provided you use it correctly. The focus is either too soft or out of focus. And if the topic was what you wanted when you took the shot, I'd close the aperture a little more to capture more of the person behind.

for a frame like this one, it doesn't matter whether you're using a dslr or a digital compact, the important thing is to know how your camera perform, and what options it allow for you to make use of. please do not get yourself absorbed into an equipment worship believing that a more professional equipment will necessarily help you produce better pictures.

The pic has potential but the framing and blown highlights dont applea to me. I think if you stepped back to give the kid and dog mroe breathing room to show experssions (and perhaps choosing to focus only on either the kid's or dogs' face) would improve the composition slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.