AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G FX thread

i wonder what is next on nikon's "AF-D to refresh list"

now that we have 28,35,50,85 ... the next logical AF-D refresh would be...?

i wonder what is next on nikon's "AF-D to refresh list"

now that we have 28,35,50,85 ... the next logical AF-D refresh would be...?

50 1.2, 105 & 135 F2.

Perhaps the 200mm f/4 macro?

50/1.2 will never be refreshed.

So till now, only Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 is the modern auto focus lens that being refreshed by Nikon. The rest of f/1.2 lenses are still manual focus and have not been refreshed yet :cry:

So till now, only Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 is the modern auto focus lens that being refreshed by Nikon. The rest of f/1.2 lenses are still manual focus and have not been refreshed yet :cry:

Dun really quite understand, wads the fuss abt Nikon not releasing f1.2. My opinion is, if i use f1.8 to take the face, then f1.4 to take the nose and blur the face? And f1.2 to take the pimple on the nose and blur the rest? Then i might as well use macro lens?

Dun really quite understand, wads the fuss abt Nikon not releasing f1.2. My opinion is, if i use f1.8 to take the face, then f1.4 to take the nose and blur the face? And f1.2 to take the pimple on the nose and blur the rest? Then i might as well use macro lens?

Even if Nikon releases f/0.1-f/64 lenses, still will have ppl complain one la.

Everybody's needs and expectations are different.

:cheergal:

The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G FX is available at shop now !

If you have seen the 50/1.2 AiS, you will notice that the rear element is so huge that there is no space for the electrical contacts. So I don't think we will get to see anything faster than f/1.4 for the AF F-mount. Even the new 'Noct' 58mm is now only f/1.4.

Just a thought, the DX version almost covers FX, maximum de-vignetting can't remove vignette completely. It's like 14 mp on the D4 if cropped. Haven't evaluated the corner performance of the little DX fellow though.

Unfortunately, there is significant barrel distortion unacceptable of a prime with the 35/1.8 DX when used on an FX. But it gives a nice character. :)

What I like from AF-s Nikon 35mm f/1.8G FX that this is a small (in term of diameter), short (in term of physical length), auto focus, light weight, and a full frame lens ("should be" less vignetting & sharper in the corner on FX body), which fulfill my needs of walk-around and everyday lenses, together with the 50mm f/1.8G SE lens.

35 f/1.8 50 f/1.8
:vhappy: :vhappy:

You want small FF? Go Sony Alpha7 + Voigtlander 35/1.4 or 40/1.4 (Unfortunately the 35/1.2 is quite a bit bigger). That's what I call small. ;)
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2877/10895840336_3406ea43ff_o.jpg

Last edited:
I'm wondering if the 28/1.8 might be better.

Hmm
I am wondering if the 35/1.8 might be equal or even better than 28/1.8

;)

Hmm

;)

I think it might be difficult to beat Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art. ;)
If it does, this really is a must buy for Nikon primes users/collectors.

Hmm

;)

The AF28/1.4 seems better than the AiS35/1.4.

You want small FF? Go Sony Alpha7 + Voigtlander 35/1.4 or 40/1.4 (Unfortunately the 35/1.2 is quite a bit bigger). That's what I call small. ;)
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2877/10895840336_3406ea43ff_o.jpg

OT to other camera brand is not allowed ;)

NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G FXshall be a better alternative for people who prefer smaller and lighter Auto Focus 35mm lens with Nikon mount :)

not all people take face close up. try a full body shot you will see the need, especially if u include environment

not all people take face close up. try a full body shot you will see the need, especially if u include environment

Wouldnt that be worse? That narrow DOF by the f1.2 would either make it look like it was shot with a macro lens, or the subject was photoshopped unto the background. If bokeh balls is wad u r aiming for in the background, f1.8 is round enough for most focal lengths. f1.2 makes no significant improvement in bokeh performance.
And I hardly see anyone use f1.4 or f1.2 aperture for photography. Saw a few shots using f1.4 but with flash and used creatively. f1.4 or f1.2 is more suited for videography, for focus racking in filming rather than for photography.