AF or MF?

I only use Manual Focus when shooting Macro.

at night no live view no mf, view finder too small to see oTL|||

Whatever does the job the fastest and easiest.

MF for macro, landscape and night shots.

AF for streets.

DMF for portraits and sports :)

I use MF mostly for landscapes and macro.

I use MF for landscape most of the time i think. As for AF, usually its for streets. I use MF even when I cover sport events. Of course, in low light, I usually won't waste my time and go straight for MF.

I MF when AF fails me or not available, namely
- macro
- very dark places, areas with poor contrast or only one color tricking the AF mechanism, etc etc
- my lens is manual focusing only

Otherwise current AF lenses are pretty damn accurate unless you somehow have a passion for strictly MF only ..

Ryan

I use MF for landscape most of the time i think. As for AF, usually its for streets. I use MF even when I cover sport events. Of course, in low light, I usually won't waste my time and go straight for MF.

I wouldn't MF for sports. Will end up with 1% usable shots, no point. I don't even MF for landscapes because my lens doesn't have a focus distance scale, so I'm just focusing blindly if I MF. So AF all the way for me. I don't shoot macro much.

Haha.. Actually I take more portrait photos of people.. So AF at times can be irritating especially if it focuses something else rather than the subject..

If I'm taking moving subjects(sports) of cos I'll use AF.. No time to MF.. Haha.. I just learnt something about the AF (AF points and such) in the Sony dslr course.. Will start trying it out.. :)