AF Nikkor 50mm f1.4. for micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjflo23

Jul 27, 2006
rjflo23.multiply.com
Hi, can i use tis lens AF Nikkor 50mm f1.4. with micro filter for taking product shoot?

Hi, can i use tis lens AF Nikkor 50mm f1.4. with micro filter for taking product shoot?

If you are taking products... yes... but if you are taking insects... no way :D

I've got a Hoya +4 closeup filter... and it allows me to get nearer to the subject... so if that is what you would consider product shot... you got it ;)

Can take insects. Just play abit more catching

This was taken with a reverse 50mm f1.4 with a +10 dioptre dual element filter
of a small jumper, uncropped
( forgive me for the lousy watermark ... i cannot seem to find the original :confused: )
n555885435_1336830_7881.jpg

Ryan

Can take insects. Just play abit more catching

of a small jumper, uncropped
( forgive me for the lousy watermark ... i cannot seem to find the original :confused: )
n555885435_1336830_7881.jpg

Ryan

steady! :thumbsup:

you must have taken quite a bit of effort to get this shot :bsmilie:

If you can approach the subject close enough, you can try adding an extension tube between your lens and camera.

If you can approach the subject close enough, you can try adding an extension tube between your lens and camera.

of a small jumper, uncropped ( forgive me for the lousy watermark ... i cannot seem to find the original :confused: )

Ryan

nice, thought people usually used the 50 1.8 for that. so you had another lens on the cam, snapped on a diopter, than reverse mount the 50mm?

If you are taking products... yes... but if you are taking insects... no way :D

I've got a Hoya +4 closeup filter... and it allows me to get nearer to the subject... so if that is what you would consider product shot... you got it ;)

Bro... wats the market price for +4 closeup filter?

Hi.. may i know how to you actually focus with reverse lens? I've a 50mm f1.8 attached to my nikon d80 through reverse mount. i tried to focus manually but it seems that nothing happen in focus area when i turn the focus ring. BTW, does the F-- error will appear when the lens is reversed?

Thank you.

Hi.. may i know how to you actually focus with reverse lens? I've a 50mm f1.8 attached to my nikon d80 through reverse mount. i tried to focus manually but it seems that nothing happen in focus area when i turn the focus ring. BTW, does the F-- error will appear when the lens is reversed?

Thank you.

yes the F-- error appears because the camera isnt able to detect the lens as its reverse mounted.

you focus by moving your camera back and forth, not using the MF ring.

hope this helps! :)

Thanks! now then i know. lol... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.