AF Nikkor 50 mm f/1.4D prime len

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanner

Jan 24, 2002
Visit site
Hi all,
Does anyone has any idea how much does the AF Nikkor 50 mm f/1.4D prime len cost? And how good does it perform?

Is there such a len AF Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8D in the market and if it does exist, how much does it cost?

Thanks ;)

My guess would be about $400. I've not seen MTF test results on the newer AFD 1.8 lens (recently released in Feb), but for the AF 1.8 lens, it's sharper than the 1.4 lens across apertures up to f8. (the test results i saw stopped at f8)

Of course MTF isn't everything, but IMHO the 1.8 will do just fine, especially considering its price.

Originally posted by scanner
Is there such a len AF Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8D in the market and if it does exist, how much does it cost?
there's a new Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8D out in the market as Lennier said... last time i checked with CP, it was going for $190.

anyone know how to tell the difference between the new 50mm f/1.8 and the old one? thinking of getting one but dun wanna get ripped off...

Originally posted by firefox13
there's a new Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8D out in the market as Lennier said... last time i checked with CP, it was going for $190.

anyone know how to tell the difference between the new 50mm f/1.8 and the old one? thinking of getting one but dun wanna get ripped off...

New one has D, old one no. f/1.8D just release this year.

Originally posted by firefox13

Hmm... $190 for Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8D, wondering how much does Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8 cost? :dunno:

Hmm... $190 for Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8D, wondering how much does Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8 cost? :dunno:

Discontinued. Used to be around S$165~180.

Originally posted by Kho King

Discontinued. Used to be around S$165~180.

Discontinued! That leave me with no choice...to get this 1.8D or 1.4D.

There are no reviews about this f1.8D len, dun no how good it is compared with the f1.8 len?
Wondering should I get 2nd hand f1.8 len, new f1.8D or f1.4D len..... :dunno:

Discontinued! That leave me with no choice...to get this 1.8D or 1.4D.

There are no reviews about this f1.8D len, dun no how good it is compared with the f1.8 len?
Wondering should I get 2nd hand f1.8 len, new f1.8D or f1.4D len..... :dunno:

Ai...why want 2nd hand f1.8 with no D? :dunno: The optical formula of the D and non D f1.8 is the same, with the D useful for matrix metering and flash. All the review you read about the non D should be valid for the D too. 50mm f1.4D...only if you need the extra speed and better built quality and manual focus feel.

Originally posted by Kho King

Ai...why want 2nd hand f1.8 with no D? :dunno: The optical formula of the D and non D f1.8 is the same, with the D useful for matrix metering and flash. All the review you read about the non D should be valid for the D too. 50mm f1.4D...only if you need the extra speed and better built quality and manual focus feel.

If the optic quality of f1.8 and f1.8D is exactly the same, definitely f1.8D is the one to get. Thank guys for your valuable inputs. ;)

In case u interested, I just got a 50mm 1.8 D from Foto Guide @ $175 (inc GST). May not be the cheapest but the shop keeper is very friendly so don't mind paying at that price. BTW the guy say it is not a "grey" product, anyway to check?

Originally posted by Trevor_Tan
In case u interested, I just got a 50mm 1.8 D from Foto Guide @ $175 (inc GST). May not be the cheapest but the shop keeper is very friendly so don't mind paying at that price. BTW the guy say it is not a "grey" product, anyway to check?

Thank you. ;)

Originally posted by Trevor_Tan

If you have the Nikon Singapore warranty card, then you are safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.