AF malfunction

Status
Not open for further replies.

rongwei82

Oct 5, 2006
Singapore
Hi guys, just to check out. Anyone here know how much it cost to repair the AF of a EF-s 18-55mm IS len at canon service centre? Currently i can only use the manual focus of the len. Thot the problem lies in my cam but AF works perfectly fine on my other lens. So i suspect that the problem lies on the len itself....:sweat:

warranty over? If not over it will be free.

can i know how did it happen?

today my bro using my cam then he wanted to turn the zoom but instead turn the focus when its set to af!!! walao heart pain.

warranty over? If not over it will be free.

yes, the warrenty is over.

can i know how did it happen?

today my bro using my cam then he wanted to turn the zoom but instead turn the focus when its set to af!!! walao heart pain.

I also not very sure, it just cant AF when i use it again. Has been using it for nearly 2 yrs already. So i guess its life-span is up...:bsmilie:

well thats a kit lens right? Maybe not really worth repairing IMO. Since it'll likely cost more than $50 to get it repaired...

haha, was still considering if want to repair a not since its not under warranty already. Thot of getting the Tamron 17-50 f2.8 canon mount. Anyone know whats the price? And is there a new version? VC and non VC?

no warranty = time to get new lens XD if you want to use back the same kit lens you can get it about 90-100 at the B&S section

Status
Not open for further replies.