Advise needed on Macro Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayshaun

Jun 17, 2007
Hi guys,

I am currently using a Pana FZ50 and the Raynox DCR250 lens setup for macro.
Am wondering is it possible for me to stack a 2 X Teleconverter lens after the Raynox DCR250?

Please Advise.
Thanks.

Dayshaun

Hi guys,

Am wondering is it possible for me to stack a 2 X Teleconverter lens after the Raynox DCR250?

Please Advise.
Thanks.

Dayshaun
Teleconverter lenses are for interchangeable lenses only because they are supposed to fit between the lens and the film/sensor. I don't think that's possible with FZ50.

Hi guys,

Please Advise.
Thanks.

Dayshaun

Any reason for adding a TC ? You need more magnification or working distance ?

With your current setup, magnification can achieve very big .....

Any reason for adding a TC ? You need more magnification or working distance ?

With your current setup, magnification can achieve very big .....

I need more working distance, which is why am thinking of stacking a TC after the DCR250.
Not sure whether is it workable or are there better ways to do it?

Thanks

I need more working distance, which is why am thinking of stacking a TC after the DCR250.

Thanks

I dun think you can find any that can fit in the front...

Thanks

What if you zoom in?

What if you zoom in?

Zooming in all the way won't help much on working distance as well, and it's even harder to focus with the DCR250. (fix the focus, and moving to and fro for best focusing)
That's my newbie experience.
Unless someone can help with a better solution. :)

Zooming in all the way won't help much on working distance as well, and it's even harder to focus with the DCR250. (fix the focus, and moving to and fro for best focusing)
That's my newbie experience.
Unless someone can help with a better solution. :)
Yes, you have to use to fixed focusing distance. I find it easy to compose as I know the fixed focusing distance. Maybe you should need more practice.

Yes, you have to use to fixed focusing distance. I find it easy to compose as I know the fixed focusing distance. Maybe you should need more practice.

Thanks. Will practice more.

Yeah.. I mean remove the closeup filter or use one with less power.
Remove the filter, you will not get good magnification

Use less power (or lower diopter value), the focusing distance will increase but also fixed.

I think there is a product out there selling for TC where it fits in like a filter. Stacking a DCR-250 is going to create harsh vignetting on the edges and soft images on the pic quality. Are you sure you wan to do this? I have seen alot of fantastic work from other forums and they are using only the Raynox and your cam. Working distance wise is way ok with your LCD review before taking your pics. Imagine DSLR users have to look through the viewfinder. We have to twist and turn our body just to take one pic.... :D

Hope this helps.

I think there is a product out there selling for TC where it fits in like a filter. Stacking a DCR-250 is going to create harsh vignetting on the edges and soft images on the pic quality. Are you sure you wan to do this? I have seen alot of fantastic work from other forums and they are using only the Raynox and your cam. Working distance wise is way ok with your LCD review before taking your pics. Imagine DSLR users have to look through the viewfinder. We have to twist and turn our body just to take one pic.... :D

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Actually I've been using the viewfinder too instead of the LCD. :bsmilie:
Personally I am not used to the LCD when taking macro, cos hand shakes more using the LCD compared to using the viewfinder.
Well I'll continue practicing.
Thanks for all the advise.

Remove the filter, you will not get good magnification

Use less power (or lower diopter value), the focusing distance will increase but also fixed.

Well macro is like that. Even with extension rings also the same. Using a close up filter wth less power less power will allow the lens focusing to accomodate a bit also. +1.0D allows you to shoot at 1m max, +2.0D 0.5m max, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.