Advise Needed For Extended Oversea Trip.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

diver-hloc

Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Somewhere North
Hi..... I'm going for a 6D5N Bali holiday + diving trip this sept.

Will be bring my EOS 400D & 3 lenses. For the 1st few days, don't think i would get to use my 400D much.... diving and all..... I'm worry about taking my camera & lenses away from the dry cabinet for extended numbers of days.....

Question -
What can be done to minimize the risks of humidity 'growing' Veg on my lenses ??​

bring ziploc for each of ur lenses/400D and pour some silica gel inside each of the bags?
that way can keep each one dry unless u take them out to use...

I would be more worried about the sea spray though... are you gonna bring them onto the boat?

Enjoy your holiday!

You camera and lenses should be fine outside your dry cabinet for a week.

Especially more so if you're staying in an air-conditioned hotel room.

If you're really paranoid, get some silica gel (either loose or those already packed in a hard plastic casing (~$1 a pc)) and individually pack your lenses and cam into a ziplock bag each with the silica gel in each ziplock bag. Make sure you keep the ziplock bag sealed at all times.

bring ziploc for each of ur lenses/400D and pour some silica gel inside each of the bags?
that way can keep each one dry unless u take them out to use...

I would be more worried about the sea spray though... are you gonna bring them onto the boat?

Enjoy your holiday!

Err no..... for that, i have a PowerShot A610 within its U/W casing for diving.... but thxs for the idea !! :D

You camera and lenses should be fine outside your dry cabinet for a week.

Especially more so if you're staying in an air-conditioned hotel room.

If you're really paranoid, get some silica gel (either loose or those already packed in a hard plastic casing (~$1 a pc)) and individually pack your lenses and cam into a ziplock bag each with the silica gel in each ziplock bag. Make sure you keep the ziplock bag sealed at all times.

Thxs for the idea..... heard from someone that 'tea bag' could do the same..... wonder is that true ?? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.