Advise needed: Casio Z110 or Panasonic LS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kernik

Nov 9, 2004
Looking to buy a simple point and shoot for my parents. It would be their first digital.

They both have 2 inch LCD and 3x zoom and Image stabilization. MS quoted $380 for the Z110 whereas courts sells the LS1 for $345 I think.

I kind of leaning towards the panasonic but find that quite a few shop don't carry this model (MS Colour, AP photo). Is this something to worry about? Is this a discontinued model (only launch Feb this year)?

Is there any other model I might have missed out around this price range with these citeria?

Please help. Thanks.

kernik said:
Looking to buy a simple point and shoot for my parents. It would be their first digital.

They both have 2 inch LCD and 3x zoom and Image stabilization. MS quoted $380 for the Z110 whereas courts sells the LS1 for $345 I think.

I kind of leaning towards the panasonic but find that quite a few shop don't carry this model (MS Colour, AP photo). Is this something to worry about? Is this a discontinued model (only launch Feb this year)?

Is there any other model I might have missed out around this price range with these citeria?

Please help. Thanks.

Panasonic LS-1 is 4mp vs the Casio Z110 which is 6mp.

So to pay $400 plus for the Casio is ok for that price.

Have you also looked at the Canon S410, a 3mp digicam?

go to reviews at www.dpreview.com or www.dcresource.com for more info.

felixcat8888 said:
Panasonic LS-1 is 4mp vs the Casio Z110 which is 6mp.

So to pay $400 plus for the Casio is ok for that price.

Have you also looked at the Canon S410, a 3mp digicam?

go to reviews at www.dpreview.com or www.dcresource.com for more info.

Was looking at Canon at first but they haven't got image stablisation and the screen size is only 1.5".

Any idea why it's difficult to find the LS1 is shops?

kernik said:
Was looking at Canon at first but they haven't got image stablisation and the screen size is only 1.5".

Any idea why it's difficult to find the LS1 is shops?

May be not so popular. Try the Panasonic LZ-1 another 4mp cam. This one has got OIS.

Status
Not open for further replies.