advice on how to use lens pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyun

Nov 13, 2002
Farrer Road
Visit site
is any particular brand of lens pen superior to others?

i tried this pen with cleaning fluid from another cleaning kit - the fluid ended up looking like a slightly oily-looking stain. using the cleaning fluid with lens tissue is fine but it didn't seem to suit using it with the microfibre tip of the lens pen.

so the fluid that comes with the pen is no ordinary fluid? i dun have any original fluid now so i'm trying to find out what fluid suits the microfibre or what the original composition of fluid should be ...

Originally posted by hyun
is any particular brand of lens pen superior to others?

i tried this pen with cleaning fluid from another cleaning kit - the fluid ended up looking like a slightly oily-looking stain. using the cleaning fluid with lens tissue is fine but it didn't seem to suit using it with the microfibre tip of the lens pen.

so the fluid that comes with the pen is no ordinary fluid? i dun have any original fluid now so i'm trying to find out what fluid suits the microfibre or what the original composition of fluid should be ...

The beauty of len pen is "Dun need to use cleaning liquid". Just brush off the dust and "breath" onto the lens. Clean in cricular motion strating from the centre.

oh wow, how nice, wasn't stated on the instructions...
alan photo said i could change mine for one with fluid - i'm amazed they sold me one with an EMPTY bottle ... empty and dry some more ...

looks like lens pen tip is not suitable for use with any ordinary lens cleaning fluid - somehow the fluid interacts with the tip, perhaps the adhesive after absorbing into it? and can smudge...

but just breathing on the lens and using the tip to clean, u can't remove those oil-like dots that well rite.. u still need some form of solvent.... so a blower + lens pen doesn't make a complete cleaning kit ....

oh wow, how nice, wasn't stated on the instructions...
alan photo said i could change mine for one with fluid - i'm amazed they sold me one with an EMPTY bottle ... empty and dry some more ...

looks like lens pen tip is not suitable for use with any ordinary lens cleaning fluid - somehow the fluid interacts with the tip, perhaps the adhesive after absorbing into it? and can smudge...

but just breathing on the lens and using the tip to clean, u can't remove those oil-like dots that well rite.. u still need some form of solvent.... so a blower + lens pen doesn't make a complete cleaning kit ....

A lens pen is enuff for most cleaning task. If your lens really got a stubborn stain, use a microfibre cloth and liquid. Dun pour the liquid onto the len, wet teh cloth instead. Len tissue could be use instead of cloth too.

BTW, how did you get such stubborn stain? Excessive cleaning will removed the certain coating of the lens. No recommended if unneccesary.

those "stubborn stains" i refer to smudges that take about 3-4 rounds of lens tissue to make it spotless.

that lens pen microfibre tip created a smudge when i tested it with my ordinary lens fluid on an old lens.

went back to AP, they figured out that it wasn't the lens pen cleaning fluid bottle that was empty - it was full but poor manufacturing - the bottle didn't have a proper hole punctured for the liquid to get out. poor manufacturing.

haven't tried with this supplied liquid yet - hope it doesn't smudge.

those "stubborn stains" i refer to smudges that take about 3-4 rounds of lens tissue to make it spotless.

that lens pen microfibre tip created a smudge when i tested it with my ordinary lens fluid on an old lens.

went back to AP, they figured out that it wasn't the lens pen cleaning fluid bottle that was empty - it was full but poor manufacturing - the bottle didn't have a proper hole punctured for the liquid to get out. poor manufacturing.

haven't tried with this supplied liquid yet - hope it doesn't smudge.

Hole? I am not sure are we talking abt the same thing. The len pen I had used and seen has a felt tip that get the "liquid" from the cap. There is no hole for the liquid to come out. There is not need to buy any other liquid. Not sure if we need to replenish though.

how do u get the "liquid from the cap"?
mine unscrews to reveal a dropper but the dropper doesn't communicate into the interior cos the hole isn't punctured properly ... either i puncture the hole or rip out the plastic dropper and get the liquid direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.