Advice on buying camera from Lazada

nikonlenses

Apr 21, 2006
Is it safe to buy camera from Lazada? Some of the prices sure look cheaper. Appreciate your sharing of thoughts on this.

it may be cheaper... but what should be your concern is the warranty. if something goes wrong, the local offices of the manufacturers more often than not will not honour the 'warranty' and will charge you full price for repairs, even if it is within 1year warranty period.

Is it safe to buy camera from Lazada? Some of the prices sure look cheaper. Appreciate your sharing of thoughts on this.

This is like asking "Is it safe to buy camera from Sim Lim Square?".

There are various shops/sellers and you can't apply the same answer to all right? :)

With Lazada, you have local sellers and overseas sellers. Look beyond the price and read the entire listing carefully. Look for what's provided with the warranty. The cheaper prices usually means you have zero warranty. Are you prepared to deal with a product that is Dead On Arrival? Are you prepared to deal with returning that DOA product and chasing for a replacement/refund?

Consider all these, not just the price. There are some local sellers which are fairly reputable local stores, so if you can get a better deal on their Lazada store than in-store (via the use of coupons, creditcard promos, free delivery, and whatnot), with local warranty included, it's a worthwhile go. On the other hand, some people are prepared to deal with the hassle/risk of no local warranty, overseas return, so they'll take the lower price gladly. Depends on what kind of consumer you are.

I have bought my new canon lens Fromm local seller, I managed to get Canon warranty registered. Seller did not give me official store receipt but I guess Lazada one will count. Like what others mentioned, read reviews of seller / item and choose local seller if you want the added assurance. Oh yeah, there are sellers locally but selling export sets too, so must really read and check before buying. U can ask seller questions before buying too. Happy shopping.

My friend bought his 1300D kit on Lazada, covered by local warranty. Then again, Lazada is fulfilled by different sellers so do check and make sure local warranty is provided on whatever you buy. I personally buy from tkfoto or cathay, they are pretty reliable and the prices are not far off from the Lazada prices (unless you happen to come across some incredible deal that is).