Advice needed for newbie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

th3pr0tk3r

Jun 11, 2009
Hi Dudes,

I am new here, I am very interested in photography and have been taking photo around with my camera phone and sometimes with my friend's Nikon D90.

I am very tempted to buy D90 for myself too. But as a beginner, is it suitable for me to practise with it. At the same time, I am going army next month and won't have much time using that. So I am in a dilemma whether to buy it or not because its cost quite alot and can only be use for a month and after that not frequently in use. Or is there any other suitable camera which is cheap and come with all the kits and storage,etc?

People can advice me what other equipment do i need besides dry cabinet etc if i were to buy a camera?!?!

Thanks in advance. :)

If you're enlisting soon, my advise would be to hold first. Once you complete your BMT then you can decide if you want to get a DSLR or wait till you ORD.

Can hold on first lah, BMT can really drain ur time & energy :mad2:
By the time u finish ur BMT, maybe D90 replacement model already come out.. :bsmilie:

Bro, get it after you get to your unit bah! Speaking from experience! Every weekend after BMT, you think you still have strength and time to go take picture?

My advice is to get it after your BMT and vocation training (SISPEC, OCS, trade course etc)

cheers :)

aiyah!
if buay tahan,just get it la...
i just finished my bmt nw waiting for unit posting n during bmt,i still go out to shoot on weekends..can one..no worries..
u just kuai kuai listen to instructions so u wont get confined k....gd luck!;)

Hi Dudes,

I am new here, I am very interested in photography and have been taking photo around with my camera phone and sometimes with my friend's Nikon D90.

I am very tempted to buy D90 for myself too. But as a beginner, is it suitable for me to practise with it. At the same time, I am going army next month and won't have much time using that. So I am in a dilemma whether to buy it or not because its cost quite alot and can only be use for a month and after that not frequently in use. Or is there any other suitable camera which is cheap and come with all the kits and storage,etc?

People can advice me what other equipment do i need besides dry cabinet etc if i were to buy a camera?!?!

Thanks in advance. :)

Get it later... after-all... the prices will only fall more later on, plus you won't have much time to use anyway in the near future when you're stuck in service training...

What you'd need would be a camera, lens, battery, memory card, cleaning kit and a dry cabinet. The rest would be optional as you'd need to know what field you're interested in.

;)

thanks for the advice guys. HAHA. because i will be in commando BMT. and my weekends is only 1.5 days :( most likely would buy later on than. sigh! PHOTOGRAPHY!

I'm enlisting in about 3 months time but I just got myself a 500D! Go ahead and buy it if you cannot wait that long! :D

Welcome to CS.

There are many types of photography which you can dive into, but if you only consider getting a DLSR, suggest you get it after you have much settle down.

you can also try lomography if you find this is very interesting to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.