[Advice Needed] Enrolling Child in Primary School

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyxx88

Nov 17, 2004
Hi All

I need some advice from all the experienced parents out there, on what to do or how go about the primary school registration process? I hear lots of stories about doing voluntary work, donations, etc. Please do share your experiences & tips.

Also, what are the additional challenges for PRs. Thank you all!! :)

for prs, i cannot help. for the rest, offerring voluntary services offer no guarantee at all. first, look into whether you are looking at mission schools, association related schools or neighbourhood schools. identify the school and then, talk to the vp or principals. study past admission statistics of the intended school. understand the moe admission phases and procedures. above all, know your child/children first.

Thanx for replying. That would help me get started...

But where can I get info on past admission statistics? I will also try the MOE website for the procedures.

nyxx88 said:
Thanx for replying. That would help me get started...

But where can I get info on past admission statistics? I will also try the MOE website for the procedures.
MOE website will provide you with all informations including past admission statistics for each school.

If you are planning to register for next year pri 1, offerring voluntary services now is already too late and will not grantee any success.

If this is your 1st child, then your chances in the more popular schools would be very slim since next year is where all the "Little Dragons" are going to Primary 1.

MOE website have all the details of the statistic of the schools. expect higher registration rate since there are more Dragons than any other Zodiac. Class size have been reduced to 30 from 40 per class since 2005.

Good Luck.

yes if your child is a lil' dragon, it's too late already
unless if you have a building that you would like to sponsor...

My lil' dragon also going to Pri 1 next year ... streesed :sweat:

ortega said:
yes if your child is a lil' dragon, it's too late already
unless if you have a building that you would like to sponsor...

My lil' dragon also going to Pri 1 next year ... streesed :sweat:

I also got a little Dragon going to Pri 1 next year. No stress cos his Tigeress sister had already made the way for him.

lucky you ...

I will be going in via Phase 2B

"For a child whose parent has joined the school as a parent volunteer not later than 1 July 2005 and has given at least 40 hours of voluntary service to the school by 30 June 2006; or whose parent is a member of the church/clan directly connected with the school; or whose parent is endorsed as an active community leader."

more info via the link below

http://www.moe.gov.sg/esp/schadm/p1/

nyxx88 said:
Hi All

I need some advice from all the experienced parents out there, on what to do or how go about the primary school registration process? I hear lots of stories about doing voluntary work, donations, etc. Please do share your experiences & tips.

Also, what are the additional challenges for PRs. Thank you all!! :)
Don't bother bro. No guarantee at all, especially if the school is very popular. Anyway, it's too late now too.

I've encountered volunteers who offer their service to a school can't even secure a place for their child in that school.

My advice to you is: just choose a school which is nearest to your house, more convenient for the parent as well as the child. All teachers came out from MOE, so their standard are more or less there.

Also, think about another school for 2nd choice, just in case you can't enrol your child to the school of your 1st choice, and the parent usually panic when their child is not selected.

Thanx for all the advise. Looks like cannot run away from the MOE website. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.