Advice for Newbie...DSLR or Compact?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If no one close to you owns a DSLR, then you can start on a clean slate.
You don't have to feel "tied" to any particular brand.

Spend the time (before going down to the shops) to think about what kinds of shots you're likely to take.
If you like a variety of shots (eg. Action, portraits, landscape), then a DSLR offers more versatility and performance.
One place I like to go feel-feel the cameras is Courts Megastore. The staff there seem to leave you alone. Quite a large selection, though not complete. For Sony, you can check out the sony showrooms across the island.
Lastly, work out your budget and stick to it. Generally you spend more with DSLRs because there's always a temptation to buy this and that. It is possible to resist that temptation though. Just gotta try hard!

If no one close to you owns a DSLR, then you can start on a clean slate.
You don't have to feel "tied" to any particular brand.

Spend the time (before going down to the shops) to think about what kinds of shots you're likely to take.
If you like a variety of shots (eg. Action, portraits, landscape), then a DSLR offers more versatility and performance.
One place I like to go feel-feel the cameras is Courts Megastore. The staff there seem to leave you alone. Quite a large selection, though not complete. For Sony, you can check out the sony showrooms across the island.
Lastly, work out your budget and stick to it. Generally you spend more with DSLRs because there's always a temptation to buy this and that. It is possible to resist that temptation though. Just gotta try hard!

does courts or best denki have sony?

will be heading tampines mall , so wonder if i can drop by to feel and explore the DSLRs there..

does courts or best denki have sony?

will be heading tampines mall , so wonder if i can drop by to feel and explore the DSLRs there..

Go to Tampines 1. There's a Sonystyle there.

Status
Not open for further replies.