Advice for lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian3105

Oct 14, 2009
Sengkang
Just got a Sony A330L, with kits lens and 50mm f1.8. but find that kit lens not fast enough, any one can advice me the next level of lens i should get? budget around below $800.

not too heavy as am a female...

thanks

Fast lenses don't come cheap.. $800 is a tight budget for fast lenses, even if you are looking at 2nd hand...

Fast lenses don't come cheap.. $800 is a tight budget for fast lenses, even if you are looking at 2nd hand...

how much will it be? rough guide?

what are the choices u recommend?

Get a Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 will do and it should be within your budget.

Yup, I'd agree. That's the best option given the constraints.

But how is it not fast enough? Do you mean in the "correct" sense that it doesn't let in enough light for faster shutter speed, or do you mean in AF speed? I'm only asking because a lot of people on here get those mixed up.

Yes, agree on the Tamron 17-50/2.8. Fits your budget and is good.

Yup, I'd agree. That's the best option given the constraints.

But how is it not fast enough? Do you mean in the "correct" sense that it doesn't let in enough light for faster shutter speed, or do you mean in AF speed? I'm only asking because a lot of people on here get those mixed up.

not fast enough in AF speed.

not fast enough in AF speed.

under what condition was the lens not fast enough?

at night?
or board daylight?

most lens have harder time focusing at night. even if it cost a bomb

The motor drive in your cam is not fast enough for you then, nothing to do with the lens. You may need a A700 or A500/550 then.

what are you shooting which makes u feel ur AF is not fast enough? Unless u are shooting F1 cars, in normal situation ur AF should be fast enough to focus, since u are not using high zoom lenses. Shooting at kids running around shouldnt be any problems with the A330 and a short zoom lens. Ive used the A330 to take pictures of people on roller blades, and also cars, zooming past me (taking panning shoots) and Ive never encountered the AF not fast enough. Never tried taking F1 cars before though.

Perhaps u should try anticipating ur shoots, as in be in a "ready to shoot" state and aim at ur subject abit earlier.

Just my humble opinion :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.