advice for europe trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

ytbryan

Oct 9, 2008
Hi all,

I might be going sweden coming year. i only got my d80 recently. May i ask for some advices for this europe trip? i will be staying there for around a year.

I am worried about the condition of my d80.

any advices will be welcomed and thanks in advance :D

and one more thing, i only have my d80 with a pouch. what other accessory or equipment will i need?

A BIG THANKS in advance :D

no issue, what issue you worry about? weather is not problem. as for theft, just be alert. winter is not really a problematic time if you ask me from my experience.

if you plan to take night shots, get a tripod.

Your D80 should survive... Probably recommend a CPL and maybe additional batteries... Otherwise, the usual common sense applies...

Hi all,

I might be going sweden coming year. i only got my d80 recently. May i ask for some advices for this europe trip? i will be staying there for around a year.

I am worried about the condition of my d80.

any advices will be welcomed and thanks in advance :D

and one more thing, i only have my d80 with a pouch. what other accessory or equipment will i need?

A BIG THANKS in advance :D
ah Sweden...you will love the bread there.

as for sightseeing, most likely you will need a monopod (self standing if possble) for the cities and a strong tripod for the outdoors.

Your default lens will do but recommended to get a long zoom lens for close up shots.

extra batteries like 3-4 more are a must to have.

Camera Bag is personal preference but if on a budget, i recommend getting the fat Targus notebook bags and then modify for camera equipment..should be around $30-odd at Sim Lim Square and Funan.

i see. Thank you.

what is a CPL?

do you all think i should get the tripod at sweden? I am also thinking of getting it here. But still undecided due to the consideration of space and weight of my luggage.

what bags do you guys recommend ? i want to store my d80 and macbook and for backpacking. Because I am newbie in backpacking. Hope someone can point to me any good bags or anyone selling them in clubsnap.

really appreciate :D THANKS!

newly added:
by the way, anyone who went to sweden, knows any equipments are cheaper there? ie tripod. I am going stockholm :D
no issue, what issue you worry about? weather is not problem. as for theft, just be alert. winter is not really a problematic time if you ask me from my experience.

if you plan to take night shots, get a tripod.
i'm actually going there for a year. that's why i am worried about the condition of my d80 after one year T___T"

hey reportage, May i know which store in Simlim or funan sells targus bag for 30++? thanks :D

Last edited:
And to cut the excessive glare from the reflection of the ice and snow... I found it very useful.

i see. thank you :D

actually need three to four extra batteries meh?

I went to the Swiss alps with a Nikon D70 and 2 batteries... I'd say it depends on how close you are to a power point really... If I'm going for a week without a power source, I'd pack 7 batteries! Haha!

how long can one batt last?

should i get a 3rd party batt on my two weeks old D80? =.=

how much is a CPL roughly?

1. How long does a battery last? It really depend on a lot of factors...
a. Life of the battery
b. Ambient temperature
c. Your shooting habits

2. Price of a CPL? Once again, it depends on a lot of factors...
a. Quality
b. Brand
c. Size

And many more... Go check out the price guide for some reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.