Not open for further replies.

tankee531

Sep 10, 2008
Singapore
looking to buy a external HDD that reads MS Duo Pro

should I get the Digimate or Ovation?

any advices?

:)

Hi, i used a Digimate II. I dont have experience with Ovation.

As for Digimate II, the transfer rate is so slow. The battery (no matter new or old), because of the slow transfer rate, you can only transfer 3 x 2GB file before it runs flat. About 30 mins only.

Not sure about Digimate III though. I am disgusted enough to put it in one side of the drawer.

@JacePhoto - thanks for the advise. I'll avoid Digimate II :)

Hi, i used a Digimate II. I dont have experience with Ovation.

As for Digimate II, the transfer rate is so slow. The battery (no matter new or old), because of the slow transfer rate, you can only transfer 3 x 2GB file before it runs flat. About 30 mins only.

Not sure about Digimate III though. I am disgusted enough to put it in one side of the drawer.

I'm using the Digimate III (Hi-speed) version....it's fast...i copied 4GB for only 6mins or less. To me...it's rather good enough for my need so far...but the only concern is that your HD have to be FAT instead of NTFS formatted.

I'm using the Digimate III (Hi-speed) version....it's fast...i copied 4GB for only 6mins or less. To me...it's rather good enough for my need so far...but the only concern is that your HD have to be FAT instead of NTFS formatted.

so fast? then i might buy the digimate 3, cannot stand the slow transfer rate of digimate 2.

Really? Thanks for the updates. I was thinking i might be a bit harsh on my comments on Digimate II. But seriously, maybe i should get a backup drive and sell my Digimate II.

Has any one used an epson?

Really? Thanks for the updates. I was thinking i might be a bit harsh on my comments on Digimate II. But seriously, maybe i should get a backup drive and sell my Digimate II.

Has any one used an epson?

i have been using a vosonic for 2 years now, still working fine, but it's only 20gb.

it's not a bad brand, consider it. :)

have the vosonic, one of the older version
not bad but slow in transfer rate.

bght the digimate 3 recently.
transfer rate is good, but batt is suspected.
will need to test more on that.

I owned a digimate 3...nice lcd screen but in no less than 10 uses, the lcd black out on me...and transfer rate is pathetic....bought ovation during the last PC show....transfer rate 10X better IMO...just have to get used to the buttons...so far works great....if u want a digimate 3 and dun mind abt not being able to see the lcd clearly, pm me coz im trying to get rid of it ;)

ot a bit.. sorry guy!

how about digimate 3 with MP3 function? any review on that? btw anyone know the cost and where to get?

thks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.