[adrewine] ~ My Photo Journal '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

09| 09| 09

~ "Ghost Street" ~
Beijing, China

Oly E620 & 9-18mm SG Lens

Don't know why it is called that way........but hundreds of these red Chinese lanterns are displayed outside of their restaurants along the whole stretch of the road.

Last edited:
Hey Adrewine,

I was wondering where u went and saw your APAD thread was still active. Again, I see a master photographer at work! So many of your shots just make me go wow!

I think what u say in your threads is so true, the leg is the best equipment. U have to walk it and BE there. In that aspect, I am a little lazy. Of course, the eye to compose also very important, and the guts to shoot (especially people). Finally, no camera - no photos, so a compact camera that u can carry around all the time is again key. And finally, u also have the gift and the tenacity to go thru all your shots and PP as and when necessary.

I see that u have finally, finally upgraded your equipment. So long liao.
So now u have a E510 dual kit plus a E620 with 9-18?? Can I poison u with a EP1 also? I wonder what is your thoughts on that camera and if it would work better in your street photography. It is really small and compact and with the 17 mm on it, I find it an extremely easy camera to carry around. I carry it nearly all the time and take many casual shots with pleasing results.

Finally, I would recommend that you should work on one day eventually publishing a book on your photographs or even organizing an exhibition. I think that this would be a worthy endeavour to pursue. The photos that are in OSC, compared to what you have taken, are really, not as good. YOUR photos should be up there.

Hey Adrewine,

I was wondering where u went and saw your APAD thread was still active. Again, I see a master photographer at work! So many of your shots just make me go wow!

I think what u say in your threads is so true, the leg is the best equipment. U have to walk it and BE there. In that aspect, I am a little lazy. Of course, the eye to compose also very important, and the guts to shoot (especially people). Finally, no camera - no photos, so a compact camera that u can carry around all the time is again key. And finally, u also have the gift and the tenacity to go thru all your shots and PP as and when necessary.

I see that u have finally, finally upgraded your equipment. So long liao.
So now u have a E510 dual kit plus a E620 with 9-18?? Can I poison u with a EP1 also? I wonder what is your thoughts on that camera and if it would work better in your street photography. It is really small and compact and with the 17 mm on it, I find it an extremely easy camera to carry around. I carry it nearly all the time and take many casual shots with pleasing results.

Finally, I would recommend that you should work on one day eventually publishing a book on your photographs or even organizing an exhibition. I think that this would be a worthy endeavour to pursue. The photos that are in OSC, compared to what you have taken, are really, not as good. YOUR photos should be up there.

Thanks Oly5050.........Your kind words really flatter me...........I'm just an ordinary walkabout photographer using humble entry-level cameras and standard lenses.......that's all.......no special lenses or accessories gears.
For me have legs and thick skin will shoot liao.........hehe. ;)

I have not yet upgraded my E510 cam however it's almost on the brink of no return already :cry:............ As to my 2nd cam + lens it's a "T-Loan" from Olympus Singapore.

Yes...EP1 is certainly an ideal walkabout cam....the IQ is also very good.........in fact I'm eying their next higher end model either EP-2 or 3 as my 2nd/Backup cam set-up.

Yes....organizing an exhibition or publishing a Kopi book would certainly be every photographer's dream!

Well in the mean time .... I'm still walking and kicking .......and shooting so maybe one day when I'm ready and steady poonpipi....then I'll start considering the more ambitious project. :)

Thanks once again for dropping by.......here's a shot from India for you, my friend. Cheers! :D

10| 09| 09

~ Multiplicity ~
Baps Swaminarayan Mandir Temple, Ahmadabad, Gujarat, India

Oly E510 & 14-42mm Kit Lens

Last edited:
Adrewine, your last few shots are just mesmerising, you truly have the talent.

I like your perspective in the Sydney Opera House, I got bored of every photographer shooting this same thing untill you changed to a new angle.

Keep them comming please.

Adrewine, your last few shots are just mesmerising, you truly have the talent.

I like your perspective in the Sydney Opera House, I got bored of every photographer shooting this same thing untill you changed to a new angle.

Keep them comming please.

Thanks innerzen. I believe everyone has some natural talent of some sort but you have to work hard at it.
For me I have to work very very hard for it and have to always pray for luck also......hehe

Here a shot for you, my friend. Cheers!

~ Church of St. Mary the Virgin ~
Manhattan, New York City, USA

Oly E620 & 9-18mm SG Lens
Handheld @ High ISO

Last edited:
Hi Adrewine, love your shots. Seems like I have so much to learn!! Just wondering do you use filters for some of your shots?

Hi Adrewine, love your shots. Seems like I have so much to learn!! Just wondering do you use filters for some of your shots?

Thanks Jester2003 for dropping by..................I do not use any special filters for all my shots except the basic cheapo UV filter, use mainly as a protective cover for my front lens element.

However I do own a polarizing filter but find it often times unnecessary to use as Oly cams always provide the classic Oly blue in the sky that many photographer talk about and it gives deeper DOF which Oly has an additional advantage here when one is doing landscape photography and furthermore by putting on a PF one may lose up to 2 stops of lights which a tripod might be needed for sharper images.

So in a nutshell by shooting with Oly I have become a very lazy photographer often shooting without a tripod+ PF as I know I will always get the Classic Oly blue in the sky + greater DOF + in cam IS at a slow speed which I always get away with........hehe.......please don't follow me.

But I must add that shooting a proper landscape photography using these equipments and accessories: steady tripod, PF, GND and etc......are utmost importance in obtaining a better/best results.

As to my cheapo filter I sometimes use it for special effect such as sun flares, sun rays, mist, hazy, reflections etc.......which when using a better filter is rather hard to get. It is worthwhile to get a better protective filter for a proper and hassle free shooting as a cheapo is often more of a hindrance than helpful in many situations........

Here's a shot from India for you my friend. Cheers! :D

12| 09| 09

~ Fishing Boat ~

Khar Danda, Mumbai, India

Last edited:
Thanks Adrewine for the info. Hope my pic will be as nice as yours!!

Thanks Adrewine for the info. Hope my pic will be as nice as yours!!

Thanks Jester2003. You are welcome.
Just follow my advise closely....with good lightings and composition......your pictures will be as nice as mine......anytime, every time! :D

Here's one more for you. Cheers!

13| 09| 09

~ The Marlboro Man ~

Washington Square Park, NYC, USA

Oly E620 & 40-150mm Kit Lens

~ Street Portraiture ~

Last edited:
Adrewine, it is inspirational to view your gallery every time. Good job. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Btw, I'm also wondering why are you reducing the size of the pictures from time to time? I do much prefer the larger versions. ;p

Adrewine, it is inspirational to view your gallery every time. Good job. :thumbsup:

Btw, I'm also wondering why are you reducing the size of the pictures from time to time? I do much prefer the larger versions. ;p

Thanks shengliang1981. I try to cater to users using laptop to big screen so that they can enjoy browsing thru' my photostream faster from time to time..........The bigger versions are for those who wants to pixel peeps.......hehe.....just kidding! ;)

Cheers! :D

15| 09| 09

~ Hauptbahnhof ~
Frankfurt Central Station, Germany

Oly E510 & 40-150mm Kit Lens

Last edited:
Beautiful work as always, Andrew. I simply can't stop browsing from page one to the last page!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beautiful work as always, Andrew. I simply can't stop browsing from page one to the last page!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks lunas for dropping by...........strange?.......I was going to contact you for some workshop material and you appeared in my photostream.........hehe...... a case of "Strong Telepathy Sensory" ~ STS ........in future don't have to use SMS liao......hehe....:bsmilie:

18| 09| 09

~ Trafalgar Square ~
London, England, UK

Last edited:
Thanks innerzen.

Here's another one for you my good friend. Enjoy!

17| 09| 09

~ Green with Envy ~
Uetliburg Mountain, Zürich, Switzerland

Wah lao eh....this one is just unbelievable. I have never even been able to shoot something like this.

Thanks shengliang1981. I try to cater to users using laptop to big screen so that they can enjoy browsing thru' my photostream faster from time to time..........The bigger versions are for those who wants to pixel peeps.......hehe.....just kidding! ;)

Cheers! :D

15| 09| 09

~ Hauptbahnhof ~
Frankfurt Central Station, Germany

And this is an example of not only a good eye, but being there. Being able to get to the track, to that position, standing there and shooting it. Excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.