[adrewine] ~ My Photo Journal '09

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks adrewine.

Do you do a lot of PP on your shots?

Bernard

Yes, I do some PP on my shots just like any girls who steps out of the door that do put on some make-up on their face......

The minute one shoot in RAW file he has to do some sort of parameters adjustment in order to convert into a working file......that to me is doing some PP on your photos already that's why all Professional Photographers shoot in RAW so they can PP their shots till the cows come home...........

I do very simple editing like level/tone/color/contrast adjustment and some sharpening........every cameras and lenses have some imperfection and limitations......

Learn to work around these deficiencies with PP and your shots will experience a paradigm shift.

The trick is to able to replicate what your camera capture and PP to what your eyes see.......and to transform a 2D photos into a 3D picture with eg: depth, emotion, texture, etc etc........ :)

11| 11| 09

~ Street Lamps ~

Manhattan, New York City, USA

Oly E620 & 9-18mm SG Lens

Thanks adrewine. You have been very kind and generous in sharing. Appreciate it and do keep posting. Your photos provide a unique perspective! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks
Bernard

Yes, I do some PP on my shots just like any girls who steps out of the door that do put on some make-up on their face......

The minute one shoot in RAW file he has to do some sort of parameters adjustment in order to convert into a working file......that to me is doing some PP on your photos already that's why all Professional Photographers shoot in RAW so they can PP their shots till the cows come home...........

I do very simple editing like level/tone/color/contrast adjustment and some sharpening........every cameras and lenses have some imperfection and limitations......

Learn to work around these deficiencies with PP and your shots will experience a paradigm shift.

The trick is to able to replicate what your camera capture and PP to what your eyes see.......and to transform a 2D photos into a 3D picture with eg: depth, emotion, texture, etc etc........ :)

11| 11| 09​

~ Street Lamps ~
Manhattan, New York City, USA​

Oly E620 & 9-18mm SG Lens​

Thanks adrewine. You have been very kind and generous in sharing. Appreciate it and do keep posting. Your photos provide a unique perspective! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks
Bernard

You are most welcome Bernard. :)

12| 11| 09

~ Tourist Information Center ~

Market Street, San Francisco, USA

Your recent series of photos are getting better and better.

14| 11| 09

~ Calling for Reenforcement, Mr Anderson ~
Namba Shopping Area, Osaka, Japan

(Motion Blurred taken Handheld)

Last edited:
Your shots have inspired me to look at my own skills. It is clear that I have not fully exploited my UWA (10-22mm) and zoom well enough. There is much I need to do. your shots with the lenses you use are simply inspirational.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Bernard

Thanks Bernard!

Here's a Street Portraiture shot for you, Cheers!

18| 11| 09

~ Levis Jeans ~

Washington Square Park, Manhattan, NYC, USA

Oly E620 & 40-150mm Kit Lens

Your shots have inspired me to look at my own skills. It is clear that I have not fully exploited my UWA (10-22mm) and zoom well enough. There is much I need to do. your shots with the lenses you use are simply inspirational.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Bernard

Thanks Bernard for your compliments.

Yes I've put in lots of effort and time in learning how to use my basic tools well.

Practice make Perfect!

Part of the reasons of my posting here is to show that one can still do good photography with even the basic and entry-level camera and lenses that comes from a lesser known brand with a "smaller" sensor size.

Good photography is not what you take with on your hand but more importantly how you take the shot with your eyes.

Cheers! :D

Wishing all a Happy, Healthy, and a Prosperous 2010!

18| 11| 09

~ S'pore Heritage Restaurant ~
Chinatown, Singapore ~ GnP Outing @ 14Dec09

( Taken Handheld @ High ISO)

"Part of the reasons of my posting here is to show that one can still do good photography with even the basic and entry-level camera and lenses"

This is exactly what I feel. Fully agree!!! :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing so much. Appreciate it.

Bernard

Thanks Bernard for your compliments.

Yes I've put in lots of effort and time in learning how to use my basic tools well.

Practice make Perfect!

Part of the reasons of my posting here is to show that one can still do good photography with even the basic and entry-level camera and lenses that comes from a lesser known brand with a "smaller" sensor size.

Good photography is not what you take with on your hand but more importantly how you take the shot with your eyes.

Cheers! :D

Wishing all a Happy, Healthy, and a Prosperous 2010!

18| 11| 09

~ S'pore Heritage Restaurant ~
Chinatown, Singapore ~ GnP Outing @ 14Dec09

( Taken Handheld @ High ISO)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.