Admiralty Park: Uncropped Shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

thunderflash

Mar 10, 2009
Hi everyone, met up with Uncle James and Catsim over at AP this morning. Here are some shots taken with Lx3, Raynox Msn 202, Internal flash with Diffuser, Aperture f8.0, shutterspeed from 1/100 - 1/200. Images are touched up with curve and sharpening. All pictures are uncropped except #1, too much dark space. CnC are welcome ;)

P1010230.JPG

P1010239.JPG

P1010259.JPG

Please pardon me if the composition is kind of off. Still got much to learn :sweat:

Nice, the composition off is cause by close up range of 202 I think.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

like ur crab spider pictures....great effort :)
juz keep taking more pictures you will learn....
one tip is keep the background clean...

u may need a support to bring out some details in the bg. hotspot on the crab spider is a headache when using flash as well :) diffused the flash and tilt ur cam to vertical in a way the flash head is at the bottom to light up the prey instead of the spider. this may reduced the hotspots...

Nice, the composition off is cause by close up range of 202 I think.:thumbsup:

Yea, hmm after i went home to try to experience with not max zoom, think can cover bigger subject, but will have a minor bit of vignetting. Will give it a test..

like ur crab spider pictures....great effort :)
juz keep taking more pictures you will learn....
one tip is keep the background clean...

Thanks!

u may need a support to bring out some details in the bg. hotspot on the crab spider is a headache when using flash as well :) diffused the flash and tilt ur cam to vertical in a way the flash head is at the bottom to light up the prey instead of the spider. this may reduced the hotspots...

Thanks for your constructive advice! I will give it a better try next wk. What do you mean by bring out the details of the bg? Do you mean background? Is there a need, since it is not the main subject :dunno:

Anyway thanks for the invite today but sian got to give it a miss :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.