(Admin Edited) Problem with getting locked out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hosea said:
Recently having problem to log In @ home coz was
ask to "login in 15 mins time due to wrong user name and password".
But I waited for more than 1 night to log in??
I was very careful to log in correctly my user name and password but
was given the same message.
Wonder why? If change password, would it helps??:dunno:

Same problem here!

I have got the same problem too. Initially I thought it to be some infantile kid playing with my account. Now... I'll just log in even less than before, and only early mornings, I guess.

student said:
Same problem here!
I have not been able to logged in since Saturday( 8th Oct) too.....i know CS is upgrading but isn't this like a step backwards? I know we can change the proxy setting to enter but security is an issue. Hopefully mods would be able to solve the problem soon.

I read that its a problem with members of Starhub cable subscribers. Wonder if all members having this problem are using Starhub?

Drudkh said:
I read that its a problem with members of Starhub cable subscribers. Wonder if all members having this problem are using Starhub?

count me in

SAME prob for me too ... using maxonline ...:dunno:

Please bear with us while we try to ascertain the cause of the problems. Note: This issue was NOT caused by the latest update to the forums software. Other users have reported experiencing these problems prior to the recent upgrade.

Btw, is there anyone who is experiencing the problem and is not using Maxonline?

n0d3: Hope you dun mind, but I would like to use this thread to collect all related user reports and have thus renamed the thread.

SLCC said:
Have you try to use"firefox" to serve CS? So far I had no problem on loging in and out since yesterday till now! Try now and see is that ok to you, if its work on you too, than let other CS members know, so that they can solve they problem.

i'm using firefox too. also encountered the lock out problem (i've floated this some time ago. but, i believe the response was its an isolated problem back then and dat it was unqiue to me). wat i did was to set my firefox to always keep the CS cookie active in my browser. then, instead of logging off when i shut down, i just close the browser. the next time i open up the browser and go into CS, my account is still active.

this problem of locking out seems to only occure to me on weekends, and also on my IE. and yes, i'm using maxonline too.

Update: I have installed a temporary workaround that should address the problem for now while I continue to look for a permanent solution. Your patience is appreciated.

Thanks CS Admin. glad you r looking into it.:thumbsup:
Hi Francis, SLCC,student,etc.. suprise many of you also encountered same problem.
I was initially shy to ask and thought it is my own PC problems.;)
SLCC, me dont know what is firefox? how to use?:embrass:

I am not IT savvy.

I am using Starhub cable.

@ home use maxonline and having problem. @ office no problem.

is it cause of starhub setup?

how many cser use maxonline and having problem or no problem?

thanks Admin.... good luck for solving the problem:thumbsup:

Hosea said:
Thanks CS Admin. glad you r looking into it.:thumbsup:
Hi Francis, SLCC,student,etc.. suprise many of you also encountered same problem.
I was initially shy to ask and thought it is my own PC problems.;)
SLCC, me dont know what is firefox? how to use?:embrass:

Sorry to tell you I don't know how to answer you, cos I am a computer idiot! When ever I serve internet, the only place that I know is clubSNAP, I not even not MSN. :embrass:

Try and ask you IT friends. I had no problem since I serve with "firefox" till now(touchwood), you can have a try.

nightwolf75 said:
i'm using firefox too. also encountered the lock out problem (i've floated this some time ago. but, i believe the response was its an isolated problem back then and dat it was unqiue to me). wat i did was to set my firefox to always keep the CS cookie active in my browser. then, instead of logging off when i shut down, i just close the browser. the next time i open up the browser and go into CS, my account is still active.

this problem of locking out seems to only occure to me on weekends, and also on my IE. and yes, i'm using maxonline too.

A........funy lie! I am fine with "firefox" lie! I have no more problem since I log in till now. But the only small problem is a bit too sensitive on my Apple labtop.

hi,

Got the same lockout problem for a week after updating my software firewall (v5.5 to 6).
I removed the software firewall and turn on the MS firewall instead, things are back to normal.

Strange.....is the lockout cause by the software firewall??:dunno: or the forum server ??:dunno:

Searching for enlightment !!??:) :)

Yeah I don't mind getting the thread renamed, thanks to all the admin staff who are looking into this although I'm not experiencing this problem anymore. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.