AD Wedding #3: good to have contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sion said:
No wedding photographer dares to receive such gratitude from a bride after "The Famous Incident" for personal safety. :bsmilie:

ha ha ha .. :bsmilie:

- - - -

Prehaps, Smurfman can starts a listing of recommended & experienced 'MUA Contact List' here, for us to use it as talents resource guide.

Preferably the ones whom you have work with, and have seen them in actions, serveral times.

Might come in handy for the wedding pros.

- - - -

Enchanted said:
ha ha ha .. :bsmilie:

- - - -

Prehaps, Smurfman can starts a listing of recommended & experienced 'MUA Contact List' here, for us to use it as talents resource guide.

Preferably the ones whom you have work with, and have seen them in actions, serveral times.

Might come in handy for the wedding pros.

- - - -

You should be the one to start lah, or ask catchlights to do it.........both are senior and most experience down here. Should give title to you and catchlights, like Wedding Professional Photographers cum Guides.;)

Guys, these two are very VERY serious and experience, they can give 101 tips if they start courses together, and the tips can be very very useful.

2100 said:

For all the nice photographers, here's a tip from me especially if you wear specs. I am especially kiasee and in my bag is a lot of stuff like poncho, backup flash even, etc..... i even brought along a pair of spare specs which i used during BMT like 12 years ago. :bsmilie:

Yes, it is a very tip.......
:thumbsup:

2100 said:
Make-up artiste is normal.....I have 3 in my mobile. So sometimes just a call, 30-45 mins can reach provided no more jobbies for her.

For all the nice photographers, here's a tip from me especially if you wear specs. I am especially kiasee and in my bag is a lot of stuff like poncho, backup flash even, etc..... i even brought along a pair of spare specs which i used during BMT like 12 years ago. :bsmilie:

Do you know what happened? On the actual day you know shooting conditions a bit frantic during sabo time, someone knocked into my cam and one of my spec lenses dropped off. The right hand side of the screw which holds onto the frame and lens decided to go busted.....so the lens dropped off. Nothing serious, after that went to my specs shop to repair FOC. So you know, sibeh heng ah....... Got spare flash, spare body, lenses, batteries, CF card.....all also no use if i did not have spare specs. :bsmilie:

Maybe next time bring spare t-shirt and underwear. :devil: Serious, i got splashed before with sabo drinks (pepper, vinegar, lemon, kopi) as well as red wine (just a bit, but difficult to wash)....apparently too high and they used red wine and 1.5L coke bottle to play "drinks fight".
eheh yeah i always have spare clothes and towel in the car cos i go to gym (which i haven't been going since the sept rush...)

wat other things in my kit.. safety pins, blue tack, zip ties, rubber bands, even collected some hair pins cos the bride will have to take off the veil to change to teadress/kuah so she say throw away i say i take ;p ... but hmm maybe i should put my spare specs in there too as u mentioned. but i can still shoot without specs lar.. my power not that high.. just headache abit if dun wear for a while.

:)

smurfman said:
You should be the one to start lah, or ask .......................
Come on, don't anyhow say hor,:sticktong some very senior in the industrial may laughing at us.

We all are here to share whatever things may help other people, not to get any praises or title.:nono:

Yes, I have contacts of some are specialize in bridal make up, but don't think it will be useful during emergency as they mostly have 2 or 3 assignments during weekends.

How to find good and not so busy make up artists leh?:think:

2100 said:
Make-up artiste is normal.....I have 3 in my mobile. :D So sometimes just a call, 30-45 mins can reach provided no more jobbies for her.

Thank you 2100 for your sharing ...

It's very true -- As a WD Photographer, one must must "doubles" everythings -- including an assistance or Secondary WD Photographer, if budget allows.

My own self-decipline includes:
[1] 2 Working Cam bodies, in bag ( another 1 spare in vehicle, if driving to reportings )
[2] 2 Hammerhead flash-guns ( another 1 spare in vehicle, if driving to reportings )
[3] 300% of Batteries ( spares )
[4] 200% CF Cards :sweat:
- - -

If One uses just a single cam on any assignments, he is as good as having None ! :nono:

2100 said:
Maybe next time bring spare t-shirt and underwear. :devil: Serious, i got splashed before with sabo drinks (pepper, vinegar, lemon, kopi) as well as red wine (just a bit, but difficult to wash)....apparently too high and they used red wine and 1.5L coke bottle to play "drinks fight".

Wear water-proof undie because if it's chilli sauce you might get hot inside the pants. Then you have to walk around hiding behind a camera bag in front.

People think wedding photography is so safe but it is just as risky as shooting in war zone. :)

smurfman said:
You should be the one to start lah, or ask catchlights to do it.........both are senior and most experience down here. Should give title to you and catchlights, like Wedding Professional Photographers cum Guides.;)

Guys, these two are very VERY serious and experience, they can give 101 tips if they start courses together, and the tips can be very very useful.

I agree 101%!

Yes, i do have MUA contacts, but the truth is that they are those well-known Ones, that i uses for my own assignment packages.

They command a pretty high premiums $$, and are actually making better money than i do :sweat:

I wonder will these Professional MUAs be a hit among thee ? :dunno: ... sometimes i even have to cut my own margin, to include MU in a package. But of course, their Skill are excellent and their Works appear in Bridal Mags, etc.:lovegrin:

As for lesser known MUAs ( aka cheaper quotes ?? ) maybe, You guys can chip-in for names ... and i'm thinking of looking at alternative, too. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.