Activation of account

Lolrence

Oct 15, 2006
Hope it's the right place to post. I've recently become active here again after a few years of inactivity, and realized that my account now has lots of restrictions.. understand that this might be because I had an older nick, which I've told a moderator to change to the current one, years ago.. can an admin help me out here, and 're-activate' my account? Thank you. [emoji3]

I don't think you are less privilege than any other members.

be specific of what restrictions you are encountering, so we know where can look into it.

Hmm, I'm logged in, but see limited posts in all forums, and can't start a new post on the classifieds.

Sorry, I mean limited threads in forums.

Hmm, I'm logged in, but see limited posts in all forums, and can't start a new post on the classifieds.

Sorry, I mean limited threads in forums.

Not sure what do you mean limited threads in all forums, if you are refer to seeing less threads in all sections compare to a few years ago, yes, members are less active nowadays, even in the Kopitiam.

anyway, highlighted your issue to our admins, they will look into it.
it will be good if you can describe in more details in "can't start a new post on the classifieds."
as in:

- can't find where is the personal classified section
- can't find the post new thread button in personal classified sections
- can't type any input in any fields
- can't find submit button after composing your post
- posted new thread but does not show up the personal classified section
- can't find post reply button in other members' BnS threads
- others ____________________________

Thanks catchlights for your detailed reply.

1. Forums- the threads I'm able to scroll through and view are limited, and is no different be it whether I'm logged in or not.. I remember that I used to be able to view 10s or maybe even 100s of pages in any particular forum.

For example, I can only view 31 topics (2 pages) in Kopitiam, 12 topics (1 page) in Canon equipment discussions.

2. Can't find the new thread button in classifieds section. It appears in the other sub-forums though.

P.S. I'm using Tapatalk to access the forums.

Thanks catchlights for your detailed reply.

1. Forums- the threads I'm able to scroll through and view are limited, and is no different be it whether I'm logged in or not.. I remember that I used to be able to view 10s or maybe even 100s of pages in any particular forum.

For example, I can only view 31 topics (2 pages) in Kopitiam, 12 topics (1 page) in Canon equipment discussions.

2. Can't find the new thread button in classifieds section. It appears in the other sub-forums though.

P.S. I'm using Tapatalk to access the forums.

I'm not using Tapatalk so I'm able to check on this.

fyi, currently there are only 12 active discussions in Kopitiam for the past three day,
3 active discussions in Canon section for the past three day,
the forums are many much less active nowadays.

Hmm I don't think it's due to tapatalk restrictions though.. on canon sub-forum, I don't even see page numbers. Kopitiam, only see page 1 and 2- I can't browse to page 3 and beyond.

Hi Catchlights, I've found out the cause of the problem. It's tapatalk restrictions; I'm only able the view threads from the past month (incompatible to forum default settings), and not able to post on classifieds. I've downloaded Clubsnap's dedicated app and all is working fine. Thanks!