ACS forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first shot has is nice feel to it as the boys looks really smart..
However I don't like their legs 'caught' between pipes as if they are trapped and not happy about it....:bheart:

The second shot would look much better if the we can see more of the 3rd person, now like the head sitting on the 2nd man's shoulder. Also the 2 cars on the right should be removed or blocked from the picture..:think:

mattlock, sad to say these pics is far from your usual standards.. 3rd pic is good though. 1st shot, some of the guys are not visible becos of lack of spacing, which is not a good idea for posed gp shot. Similarly, the 2nd shot, it's a typical shot but the problem is although they are looking the same general direction, it definitely seems that they are focusing on something else individually. Perhaps holding something high for them to focus will be the way to go...

knoxknocks said:
i'm older generation lah :bsmilie:

in the 80s, there was only 1 ACS in barker road
OT abit but i think there's already 2 ACS back then.. but i may be wrong as i am not from ACS

nemesis32 said:
mattlock, sad to say these pics is far from your usual standards.. 3rd pic is good though. 1st shot, some of the guys are not visible becos of lack of spacing, which is not a good idea for posed gp shot. Similarly, the 2nd shot, it's a typical shot but the problem is although they are looking the same general direction, it definitely seems that they are focusing on something else individually. Perhaps holding something high for them to focus will be the way to go...

I'm actually quited pleased with the shoot in general, even though some of them could be better.
considering the very tight time constraints I had with it, and the massive number of shots needed, and the amount of moving around needed
it's a good learning experience for sure

jcho said:
So they build extra toilets? :dunno: Sure the guys will forget and walk right in?:bigeyes:

not really. they've got a new building w/ more female toilets

great stuff man.. i totally dig the harsh use of the flash in this instance..

like the fourth shot the most.. unique and really reminds me of acs :bsmilie:

concept for the first pic is great :) i'm just wondering why there's the hwachong logo on the gigantic trophy in the 4th one. :think:

nice pictures.

so it was you with the "big ass cameras" walking around school ;)

knoxknocks said:
i'm older generation lah :bsmilie:

in the 80s, there was only 1 ACS in barker road

There was actually 3 ACSs, 4 if you want to count Anglo Chinese Junior College(Dover Road)

Anglo Chinese Primary School(Coleman Street)
Anglo Chinese junior School(Barker Road)
Anglo Chinese Seconday School(Barker Road)

Back in the day Mr Ernest Lau was the principal.

mattlock said:
recent shoot for ACS

WW2S1191_FLATTENED_Custom_.jpg

I find that the strobes falloff is too dramatic for this shot...so much so that the last guys can't really be seen...also, their positioning is a little awkward.

You've done better before bro... :p :bsmilie:

I like the compo of pic 1 and the overall fee, but I agree with Vince, the lighting can still be improved, and the pipe does not really go well with smart-looking boys.

Anyway good attempt, and love the series. Thx for sharing.

the first pix, they boyz should stand in a better position:)

:bsmilie:

the only one who got it right.

:sweat: still have vivid memories of Ernest Lau carrying a long long cane behind his back walking his rounds :sweat:

hondasleeper said:
There was actually 3 ACSs, 4 if you want to count Anglo Chinese Junior College(Dover Road)

Anglo Chinese Primary School(Coleman Street)
Anglo Chinese junior School(Barker Road)
Anglo Chinese Seconday School(Barker Road)

Back in the day Mr Ernest Lau was the principal.

jimmyc said:
:bsmilie:

the only one who got it right.

:sweat: still have vivid memories of Ernest Lau carrying a long long cane behind his back walking his rounds :sweat:

How could I not get it right? Then I wouldn't dare to call myself an old boy. :bsmilie:

Back to the photos, I have to agree with some of the earlier posts, the first image didn't work for me that well, the pipes bothered me alittle, placing them infront of them, would have worked so that they were not cut-off at the ankles. The harshness of the lighting didn't bother me so much as much as the fall off. The guys on the far left and right seem under lit. Maybe for such a large group and the way they were positioned, using the strobe without a reflector(I am assuming you were using mono blocks or a powerpack) so you get the spread and still maintain the harshness of the light.

Just my $0.02

i dun know, but i think ALL the photos look great. i can picture myself wanting(maybe dying) to go into this school by just looking at the photos. great series.

ACS I rules :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.