Accidentally Format harddisk, can RESTORE ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when we are discussing about File Recovery, did you all notice that the Google Ads at the bottom of this page are sometimes about Hard Disk File Recovery?

I guess it only appears on Page One of this thread.

Is that your OS drive (C:) or other drive?

If it is other drive, you can download the program from http://www.recovermyfiles.com/
Use it to check if the information is still in your hard disk.

nope... its my working drive..

use some other software, yes.. most are still inside...

try www.data-savers.net

their restoring services is good. restored my samsung 40gb 2.5" hdd 100%.

Just when we are discussing about File Recovery, did you all notice that the Google Ads at the bottom of this page are sometimes about Hard Disk File Recovery?

I guess it only appears on Page One of this thread.

it's called targeted advertising or something.... the ads are based on keywords of the page....

so you get condom ads if you are talking about contraceptives and stuff. :p

Its somewhat advisable to separate your doc & media files from your OS (working drive) in your hard drive. Read this http://partition.radified.com/ as a guide on how one can partition his hard drive. You dont have to follow everything that the author said.

while we are talking about 'best practices'..... its always better to have offline copies of your "cannot live without" data...

the digi-cabi you have is a good CD/DVD storage as well.

this HD is connected as a slave to my tower ..

so one find day decided to stop working .... everytime i start the PC just before starting windows. It will prompt me to do a check disk or scan disk .. And then jam half way.

Even if i skip tat and proceed to windows. I just cant open the drive to retrieve my files. My pics are all there .. though just started out photography, some craps pics .. but still :bheart:

Sound like your hard disk has failed. It can be either electronics or mechanical problem.

nope... its my working drive..

use some other software, yes.. most are still inside...

Are you trying to recover to the point before you format or trying to recover the data only?

thanks for all the help that all gave me...

and also those quotes that i receive....

i managed to get back almost all the files back...

thanks again...

thread closed...

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.