accessories to buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm if i were to places like beach, at the end of the day, my cam would have quite a bit of dirts and even salt?

is it okie to use a slightly damp cloth to clean?
or is there anything to buy to clear the body of the cam after such sessions?

just use a blower and cloth u clean it down. a dslr is not so delicate till u need to be a slave maintaining it

try not to change ur lenses on the beach, if need be, do it carefully, to avoid particles flying into the camera

so just use a dry cloth will do?
any recommendations on the blower?

intending to get a screen protector for the screen soon, any place tat i could get from? do those normal handphone accessories shop carry them?

intending to get a screen protector for the screen soon, any place tat i could get from? do those normal handphone accessories shop carry them?

Those can work, provided you are able to cut them to the correct size,

oh okie, i think i'll be getting from one of the handphone accessories shop, as there's this shop that i always go to that does cut the protector to fit..

Thanks..

hmm as for filters, wat kind of filters do i need for landscape and animals photo taking? also, filters can be used to protect the lens?

what filters are recommended?

For a start, u probably just need UV filters to protect the front end of yr lens. U can also buy circular polarizers to increase colour and saturation of yr pictures.

Hoya or B+W is good. But prepared to pay more for B+W as it is the BMW of filters.

oh okie, i think i'll be getting from one of the handphone accessories shop, as there's this shop that i always go to that does cut the protector to fit..

Thanks..

hmm as for filters, wat kind of filters do i need for landscape and animals photo taking? also, filters can be used to protect the lens?

what filters are recommended?

1. Polariser first. CPL. It's probably da cheapest in da gear list but dun be tempted to buy it first. Will end up have too many of it in too many sizes.
Tip number one. Buy from dear to cheapest.

2. Kit lens r fine but ya will grow out of it pretty fast.
If ya r a perfectionist, ya will wan it to be wider and longer range pretty quick.
So... Mite as well spend a little more to last ya longer.

It's pretty da same for most gear from size of drycab, range of flashes.
Refer to to tip no.1, most hobbies r da same, golfing, sportfishing, scuba diving, motoring, RC etc.
All r dear pasttime.
Well, tats thru too many burnt pockets. :bsmilie:
hope ya manage ya expenditure well. It never ends.
Good luck.

For a start, u probably just need UV filters to protect the front end of yr lens. U can also buy circular polarizers to increase colour and saturation of yr pictures.

Hoya or B+W is good. But prepared to pay more for B+W as it is the BMW of filters.

hmm the UV filters is also known as UV guard?
btw i'm not sure about filters, can they be stacked together?
like having a UV filter + a circular polarizers together @ the same time for the lens?

UV filters help to reduce stray UV rays from entering yr lens which may degrade yr photo quality. It works something like that.

UV-Guard is a term used by Hoya for certain of their UV filters? Not sure.

Better not to stack. Stacking may reduce the amount of light entering yr lens, may also cause distortion which degrades photo quality, IMHO.

okie thanks..

hmm for the uv filters and circular polarizer, aprrox how much will they be?

Thanks for the link photougenics,

hmm i'm using the canon 400d kit lens.. how do i see the thread size?

Kit Lens is 58mm. U can see the size marked on the front of the lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.