accessories for C2040, 3040, 4040, etc


Status
Not open for further replies.

looteer

New Member
Mar 27, 2002
233
0
0
Visit site
what kind of accessories do you own for your oly C-xx40 series??

i m interested in finding out more on what it can do.....

macro lens
tele lens
convertor
external flash
original or OEM....

pictures would be nice....
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
Originally posted by looteer
what kind of accessories do you own for your oly C-xx40 series??

i m interested in finding out more on what it can do.....

macro lens
tele lens
convertor
external flash
original or OEM....

pictures would be nice....
1) Macro-Converter lens (MC) -> Allows u to take pix closer to the subject than what ur DC would normally be able to.

Scenario: At 38mm ide angle, ur DC can close-in the subject till 100mm, any closer the DC can't focus properly anymore and the subject thus become blur. Using the MC allows ur DC to get closer, say 50mm, and yet able to focus properly. Useful when shooting small objects or insects.

2) Tele-Converter lens (TC) -> Increases ur lens focal length by multiplying at a certain factor e.g 1.7x, 2x etc.

Scenario: original max focal length is 200mm, by using a 1.7x TC, the focal length is increased to 1.7 x 200 = 340mm. Useful when shooting distant objects or can't get close to subject like animals, birds etc. for fear of scaring them away or they harming u!

3) External flash -> Camera flash that's mount onto a camera using the camera's hotshoe (Canon) or thru the use of a flash bracket (Olympus). External flashes usually are much powerful and thus have longer flash range as compared to the in-built flashes on DCs.

4) There's also the Wide Angle Converter lens (WAC) -> Decreases ur focal length by multiplying at a sertain factor also e.g. 0.8x, 0.6x etc.

Scenario: original min focal length is 38mm, by using a 0.8x WAC, the focal length is decreased to 0.8 x 38mm = 30mm. Useful when taking landscape cos the wider angle can take in more scenary. Or when u r shooting a large grp of ppl and u've already had ur back against the wall but still got some ppl who can't fit into the picture. ;)

5) Original -> Mfgr by the DC producer.

6) OEM -> Original Equipment Manufacturer, meaning produced by another party other than the DC original mfgr.


OK? Any more qns? ;)
 

looteer

New Member
Mar 27, 2002
233
0
0
Visit site
I would like to get a UV filter to protect the lens of my Olympus 4040Z.

After some research I have found that I will need
a 41-52 mm adaptor tube, the 52mm UV lens and a 52mm lens cap.

how much would the items cost?? any recommendation on the brand? and where i can get it...

thanks.
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
Originally posted by looteer
I would like to get a UV filter to protect the lens of my Olympus 4040Z.

After some research I have found that I will need
a 41-52 mm adaptor tube, the 52mm UV lens and a 52mm lens cap.

how much would the items cost?? any recommendation on the brand? and where i can get it...

thanks.
Hmm.....a Hoya single-coat 49mm UV filter costs only abt $8....anything else that's bigger or better cost more.

Think the C-x040z range of DCs uses the same lens adapter, anyone can confirm on this point???

Lens caps should cost no more than $10...it only a pc of plastic with clips!!!
 

looteer

New Member
Mar 27, 2002
233
0
0
Visit site
thanks jayan,

but i should be needing a 52mm lens. and the lens adaptor. (41-52)

any recommendations on where i should get the things...AP??
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
Originally posted by looteer
thanks jayan,

but i should be needing a 52mm lens. and the lens adaptor. (41-52)

any recommendations on where i should get the things...AP??
The usual places....call up to chk 1st b4 u go down.
 

looteer

New Member
Mar 27, 2002
233
0
0
Visit site
okay, after some advice from this forum, i have bought the CLA-1 conversion lens adaptor at CP.

now i need to buy the step up ring 43mm-XXmm, and a UV filter which are both not available at CP.

what size to you recommend for the step up ring and filter?? got 43-43mm step up ring and UV filter or not?? can't find at raffles place also.....

i don't want too much step up 'coz don't want my pic to have flash shadows due to blockage.... also don't want too little otherwise got rounded edges pics.....

any advice??
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
Originally posted by looteer
okay, after some advice from this forum, i have bought the CLA-1 conversion lens adaptor at CP.

now i need to buy the step up ring 43mm-XXmm, and a UV filter which are both not available at CP.

what size to you recommend for the step up ring and filter?? got 43-43mm step up ring and UV filter or not?? can't find at raffles place also.....

i don't want too much step up 'coz don't want my pic to have flash shadows due to blockage.... also don't want too little otherwise got rounded edges pics.....

any advice??
Erm.....43mm still can step-up to 43mm meh???
 

looteer

New Member
Mar 27, 2002
233
0
0
Visit site
sounds funny hor?? perhaps its just called a extension ring for 43mm........

anyway, after trying out the CLA-1, i already can see shadow at the lower left corner already, need to move further back and then zoom in........ my pic distance was less than 1m
 

Jayan

New Member
Jan 18, 2002
1,338
0
0
Hougang, SG
Visit site
Originally posted by looteer
sounds funny hor?? perhaps its just called a extension ring for 43mm........

anyway, after trying out the CLA-1, i already can see shadow at the lower left corner already, need to move further back and then zoom in........ my pic distance was less than 1m
The 43mm to 43mm extension ring may be kinda hard to find....

A website actually suggested getting a cheapo 43mm UV filter and remove the glass and to use the remaining metal frame as a nextension ring!!! Maybe u wann try that...:)
 

looteer

New Member
Mar 27, 2002
233
0
0
Visit site
thanks a lot jayan......

looks like we are kinda lonely here......:(
 

Status
Not open for further replies.