Access speed to this forum is real fast !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JasonTan

Jan 18, 2002
South Westesn Sg
Visit site
Cheers to the core team members ! Job well done.

Speaking from SCV cable user point of view..the accessing speed to this forum is really fast, it's like accessing data from harddisk. No bluffing.

What about 56k modem dial up user ? ADSL Magix user ?

Jason

I felt quite ok, the speed. BTW i am a 56K user.

Some simple specs... The forum's running on a dedicated server, on a 45mbps link to the local ATM network, and 2mbps to overseas, not including the various other backup links to the outside world. :)

Originally posted by Richard
Some simple specs... The forum's running on a dedicated server, on a 45mbps link to the local ATM network, and 2mbps to overseas, not including the various other backup links to the outside world. :)

Haha.. maybe we shld pool $ and get a co-locate =P. Admin, where did you host this wonderful server?

Hi,

Average load time per page on my 512K ADSL (Magix) connection : 2s.
Average load time per page on HWZ : 8-10s (or more) + server too busy + pop up

Impressive. :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by Richard

No wonder it's that fast.

Just wonder ...this site is ads free..and yet sitting on dedicated server with broadbandwidth access..how to maintain such wonderful site ? Funds are needed for sure and is there some kind of sponsorship ?

But anyway...3 Cheers to all wonderful ppl puting up this wonderful sites. Within 2 days already 85 members. Well done.

Jason

Originally posted by JasonTan

No wonder it's that fast.

Just wonder ...this site is ads free..and yet sitting on dedicated server with broadbandwidth access..how to maintain such wonderful site ? Funds are needed for sure and is there some kind of sponsorship ?
Jason

haha.....that's our secret ;P
i believe the core team also welcomes donations, in the form of possibly a fee for webspace to host your images......

watch this space.......

Reply from 210.193.6.145: bytes=32 time=13ms TTL=57
Reply from 210.193.6.145: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=57
Reply from 210.193.6.145: bytes=32 time=12ms TTL=57
Reply from 210.193.6.145: bytes=32 time=13ms TTL=57

Ping statistics for 210.193.6.145:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 12ms, Maximum = 13ms, Average = 12ms

:D

Originally posted by Red Dawn

haha.....that's our secret ;P
i believe the core team also welcomes donations, in the form of possibly a fee for webspace to host your images......

watch this space.......

Hi Red Dawn
How much to host a personal website like Adam has ? How many MB allocated ? With this kind of accesssing speed..it's very tempting to own a personal site here.

Jason

Hi Red Dawn
How much to host a personal website like Adam has ? How many MB allocated ? With this kind of accesssing speed..it's very tempting to own a personal site here.

Jason

i believe things are being worked out among the pple involved.
more details will be released soon......

Originally posted by Red Dawn

i believe things are being worked out among the pple involved.
more details will be released soon......

Thanks. can't wait to own one personal domain. Been searching for one host service that provide broadbandwidth. Looks like I have found one.

Jason

Hi,

This forum is fast, and the layout is familiar. Congratulations to the core team members.

Unfortunately, I still have problem viewing pictures hosted on Coolconnect, since I am located in US.

Any suggestions for me to get around this problem? I have also posted the question to the administrator to see if the forum can help out by mirroring pictures posted on Coolconnect.

I really hate to miss all the pictures, and not being able to participate in many discussions simply because I cannot see the picture at all.

Thanks!

Roy

Originally posted by roygoh
Hi,

This forum is fast, and the layout is familiar. Congratulations to the core team members.

Unfortunately, I still have problem viewing pictures hosted on Coolconnect, since I am located in US.

Any suggestions for me to get around this problem? I have also posted the question to the administrator to see if the forum can help out by mirroring pictures posted on Coolconnect.

I really hate to miss all the pictures, and not being able to participate in many discussions simply because I cannot see the picture at all.

Thanks!

Roy
Patience patience my friend and all those on overseas links. We are working out the details to give some free webspace (as well as some payable ones for larger space requirements to help with our running costs -> we are not making any profit from all these) to all members. This will allow much faster loading of images and alleviate the problems that all you overseas members have been experiencing. ;)

Hi,

Ping from our Oklahoma (US) data centre:

[ckng@search ckng]$ ping www.clubsnap.org
PING clubsnap.org (210.193.6.145) from 216.61.164.124 : 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 210.193.6.145: icmp_seq=0 ttl=41 time=319.695 msec
64 bytes from 210.193.6.145: icmp_seq=1 ttl=41 time=320.628 msec
64 bytes from 210.193.6.145: icmp_seq=2 ttl=41 time=323.647 msec
64 bytes from 210.193.6.145: icmp_seq=3 ttl=41 time=325.080 msec
64 bytes from 210.193.6.145: icmp_seq=4 ttl=41 time=320.200 msec
64 bytes from 210.193.6.145: icmp_seq=5 ttl=41 time=323.745 msec
64 bytes from 210.193.6.145: icmp_seq=6 ttl=41 time=315.810 msec

--- clubsnap.org ping statistics ---
7 packets transmitted, 7 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/mdev = 315.810/321.257/325.080/3.023 ms

Regards
CK

Browsing from office 128k lease line also as fast.

no delay at all from lan in NTU...
NO ..absolutely NO>..like instant...

Status
Not open for further replies.